Senior Hardware Engineer – Power Electronics
Volvo Group Trucks Technology – Electromobility is the global, strategic center for Electromobility development within the Volvo Group. By 2040 the entire sales of Volvo Group vehicle shall be fossil free and already by 2030 the annual sale of Electric Trucks will be 100 000 vehicles. Electromobility is key area for the Volvo Group to be in the forefront of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow. Within HV Electrical Distribution and Charging Systems we provide world class solutions for transferring the energy from the charging station and distributing inside the vehicle to the HV batteries and motors and as well to supply power to the 24V system. By doing so, we deliver end customer value for all Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications!Responsibilities:
You will work as component developer in a team responsible for HV Charging components for Commercial Vehicles. Your responsibility includes the technical requirements towards the supplier and making sure that the supplier understands the Volvo requirements as well as the customer and application needs. Interact with the supplier and manage the work distribution. Deal with maintenance cases and quality improvements. Have the operational responsibility in the relationship with the supplier. Role can also include recommendation of supplier during sourcing and evaluate new components and select the internal component. Secure cross-functional and business anchoring as well as lead other engineer within the area when needed.Typical tasks for component developers in the team;
- Great team player with agile mindset
- Strong communication skills and proven collaboration skills
- Overall 7+ years of experience in the hardware design and development for automotive industry. Few years of experience in Power electronics for Electric vehicle is mandatory.
- Detailed understanding about Automotive EMI/EMC standards and electrical and environmental standards
- Exposure in the embedded software development for automotive applications
- BE/MTech in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Volvo GTT systems and process – HW and SW
- Hands on experience in the Power electronics for EV application
- Experience from Automotive development
- Experience in JIRA and agile methodology
We believe that you are an action-oriented team player with the ability to successfully drive the teams tasks to completion and lead cross-functional teams. You have a strategic ability to understand, identify and adapt to future needs and challenges. You also have adequate planning and organizing abilities.