Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Group IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now. This will be us - your new colleagues within Core Platform Area (CPA) Software & DiagnosticsCore Platform Area (CPA) Software & Diagnostics is a new function within Technology.
It has the ambition to identify and execute on new digital initiatives supporting embedded software handling in tight collaboration with TD/BAs and Group Functions as well as modernize and transform our existing solutions into digital products.
Together with our digital talents, we will work on solution design and deliveries to improve business performance and create value at scale for Volvo Group. Included in our mission is to drive an efficient Group IT interface and Portfolio Management for the TD/BAs and Group Functions.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Group IT, with TD/BAs and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together. Currently we are looking for UX/UI Designer.Will it be you?
We think you are a team player who enjoys finding the best solutions for our users who work in our production plants. Their work environment is industrial as it is in the manufacturing area, hence we hope you are interested in these aspects of using IT, as it differs from a normal day to day office job.
You will primarily work with Lean UX methods, like design thinking, user stories, analysis of business requirements, interviews and workshops, prototypes and user validation to name a few. As you will belong to a team, you will also learn how to support the overall teamwork and help the team reach their goals for each sprint.
We are working 3-week-sprints, with planning, daily, reviews and retrospectives. By following this way of working framework, we make sure that we meet often, can easily ask for help and give/get feedback on our work continuously.
We believe in the strength of working as a team. Togetherness and transparency in the team is key. You will belong to a great team, work together and meet frequently in shorter meetings. The team goals are more important than the individual goals, so be ready to stretch yourself across different areas of work to make your team succeed. We hope you have an open mind, “can do” attitude and be interested in working in any area that is needed to make the team complete the best outcome.
We are primarily working in a virtual setting with Microsoft Teams, combined with emails and phone calls. With all the different tools to collaborate we need you to be comfortable with this setting and do your best to connect, communicate and commit to work and relationships to make work as smooth as it can be. We understand the challenge, but we learn continuously.Experience and Skills
5+ years in the UX area.UX skills
- Knowledge and experience of Agile Practices and lean UX
- Excellent UX and analytical skills with enthusiasm for new challenges. Must have a good understanding of the business goals and user needs.
- A strong believer of the value of UX and the resilience of standing up for it.
- Competence in the UX and requirement management process, especially interaction design.
- Knowledge of user-oriented design standards and best practices.
- Understand complex issues and identify opportunities and risks. Highlight risks and impact not covering end user needs in business decisions.
- Experience in web and mobile design
What you can expect from us?
- Have a passion for the user and understanding their frustrations and business opportunities.
- Open minded, honest, and team player.
- Experience in working with team members (IT Architects, Developers, Testers).
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Stick to the simple and deliver with excellence.
- Professional approach to work, strong sense of responsibility and ownership for assigned tasks.
- Contribute to build and strengthen long-term relationships with stakeholders.
- Complete proficiency in English
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
- Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Career & Development: partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
- Health & safety: we offer private healthcare (available also onsite!)
- Volvo League: We run team games in various sports
Are you curious and have questions? Contact us!
Hiring Manager: Ziemowit Skwara: firstname.lastname@example.org