The Communications manager is the eyes, ears, and voice of the organization. You will be responsible for correspondence between employees across various departments/levels and the company’s management.
As a communicator, you’ll be working to help employees across the organization stay up to date about the company’s vision, strategy & goals. You shall lead & develop strategic internal and external communications programs. You will work across teams including Sales & Marketing, Human Resources, Technology, Purchase & manufacturing to cascade the Volvo Group Culture & Philosophy help develop a strong employer branding.
You are a skilled storyteller with a knack for interpersonal skills and a passion for creating experiences. The role will build a strong culture of collaboration to create experiences that engage, connect and inspire the community of employees!
In this exciting role, you shall drive & contribute to the realization of the Volvo Group People & Culture strategy. You will help make the People & Culture agenda come to life by creating efficient and engaging communication that supports the strategic business decisions, highlighting success stories and sharing best practices.
Apart from the role of internal communication, you shall play an active part in external communication & strategies which includes (but not limited to):
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with different functions & other Business areas to identify internal and external customer needs.
- Look for opportunities for content creation & distribution & coordinate with different functions to create occasion appropriate collaterals.
- Support digital & physical events that include Roadshows, Customer & dealer connect programs, Webinars etc.
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
You will be part of the team creating a people-centric culture across the Group. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop diverse communication channels, e.g. intranet, social media, print, live sessions, email as the appropriate means for communicating with staff depending on the nature and context of different communications.
- Planning and execution of communication strategy and tactics that support business needs in a dynamic business landscape.
- Develop communication strategies to support change and transformation activities. Ensuring alignment with ongoing business or people strategy communication plans.
- Look for opportunities to improve communication to all key stakeholders at all levels.
- Content creation and creative writing across internal and external channels, e.g. Press releases, editorial content, newsletters, films etc.
- Drive communication planning, implementation and follow-up for strategic projects including employee & team success stories, thereby enhancing cross-functional collaboration.
- To be successful in this role you have extensive knowledge of communication and strong business understanding.
- You have a hands-on approach and capable of quickly switching between strategic thinking and operational creating.
- A team player with a service-oriented mindset, great networking skills and the ability to inspire others on all levels of the organization.
- You shall bring new thinking to improve communication & challenge old ways of working to reach objectives.
- In addition, you are known for your networking & interpersonal skills & developing relations at all levels.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills and the ability to create compelling messages that provide employees with a clear line of sight to the business strategy.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks effectively, plans well so deadlines are met, and quality output is maintained.
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of channels.
- IT skills including use of social media (including Yammer), content management, word processing, spreadsheets, email, image editing, live streaming etc.