Ready to shape tomorrow with us?
At Volvo Financial Services (VFS), we believe that relationships, hard work and technological innovation will lead the way into the future to keep our customers and employees connected, successful and moving forward. As a Portfolio Manager within our Wholesale Center of Excellence (“WCoE”), you will support these goals by assessing credit facilities required for an assigned group of commercial dealers while also establishing and maintaining security perfection documentation and filings. You’ll directly impact customer satisfaction and business success by maintaining relationships with key dealership personnel and VFS sales channel. How you will make an impact
In this role, you will take ownership of assigned dealer portfolios, monitoring dealer financial trends, payment, audit performance, aging, credit line utilization, and other key indicators. You will also present dealer portfolio during required review meetings and Portfolio Reviews. You will help build team competences through collaboration with and mentorship of Wholesale Credit Analysts and Wholesale Analysts.
Your scope includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities and contributions:
Who are you?
- Underwrite and monitor a portfolio of dealers using various systems, including Sopra Banking Software Commercial Lending Platform (Sopra), Risk Analyst, Quiktrak, Qlikview, Power BI, and others, including spreading financial statement
- Complete ownership and knowledge of dealer relationship regarding credit, audit and operations from time of initiation and onward
- Provide analysis and recommend credit lines, lease line, audit frequency, deal structure, and other facets of dealer performance to WCoE Management, Region North America and/or Global HQ
- Ability to underwrite working capital, term loans, and real estate transactions
- Understand real estate requirements, appraisals, and environmental reports and work with Portfolio Credit & Risk Manager to close these types of transactions
- Daily management of assigned portfolio including inventory management, over line approvals, audit analysis, documentation review, security perfection review, reporting and customer service.
- Responsible for the timely credit underwriting, annual reviews, and dealer monitoring
- Identify issues based on financial, audit, trending, or other factors and propose risk mitigation, audit frequency, and dealer monitoring based on risk
- Deep understanding of security perfection including UCC/PMSI (US), PPSA (CAN), subordinations, and inter-creditor agreements
- In collaboration with the Portfolio Credit & Risk Manager and Legal teams, negotiate documents, security perfection, inter-creditor agreements and subordinations
- Coordinate dealer collection activities; risk mitigations during SOT’s and/or financial distress situation, including onsite visits to dealers
- Proactively collaborate with Market Sales teams on dealer issues, as well as opportunities to increase wholesale penetration and/or balances for a dealer
- Ensure compliance with any local regulatory requirements as well as Volvo Group and VFS internal requirements
- Complete security perfection searches and all other applicable searches as required to successfully ensuring VFS collateral security perfection
- Interacts extensively with Dealers, District Finance Managers (DFMs), BA’s, and local market leaders, including in market visits, to develop a holistic approach to the dealer
- Drive efficient operational turnaround protocols for dealer funding, payment application, document preparation, and other tasks
- Ensure accurate completion of credit and documentation files including establishing dealer files and performs necessary verifications
- Mentors and trains wholesale analysts on all aspects of credit, audit, and operations
- Provide support for the Wholesale Analyst activities
- Provide New Employee Training & Internal Employee cross training of WCoE activities
- Have a change mindset of continuous improvements to minimize risk and improve underwriting quality
- Occasional travel
You are a credit and relationship guru, with 5 or more years of experience in wholesale, commercial loan or lease underwriting, preferably with some or all of that experience coming within the truck or heavy equipment industry. You bring expertise with financial analysis including balance sheet, income statements, cash flow and projection analysis. As a guru, you understand and can teach others, aspects of credit underwriting such as spreading financials, EBITDA cash flow coverage, current ratio, leverage, absorption, tangible net worth and inventory trust position. Wholesale documentation requirements and security perfection are also areas of knowledge.
Through your career progression, you exhibit leadership abilities such as organizational and prioritization skills, the ability to analyze and problem solve and you understand that the root of business success is in developing and maintaining healthy relationships with customers (both external and internal) and colleagues (within the WCoE and throughout VFS). You have demonstrated experience working independently and exercising sound business judgement.
Your business experience is built upon an educational foundation of holding a BA/BS in Business or a related field. An MBA is a bonus. Previous experience with Sopra credit capabilities and testing is a plus. English is our business language, so you’ll need fluency reading, writing and speaking English. Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is a plus. You demonstrate technical proficiency in Excel (pivot table, vlookup, other data analysis, charts, tables, etc), Power Point, Power BI, Teams and other Microsoft Office products.What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration package including incentive plan and generous RRSP employer matching contributions.
- Career development with global prospects
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program
- The opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.