The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta. Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks.
Founded in 1900, Mack trucks are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Every Mack® truck built for the North American market is assembled at its Mack Lehigh Valley Operations facility in Macungie, PA. Engines and transmissions for the North American market are built at its powertrain facility in Hagerstown, MD.
With Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Position: Journeyman Millwright
Location: 7000 Alburtis Rd., Macungie, PA 18062
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Work Schedule & Shift: 2nd shift Monday–Friday. (Hours subject to change based on production demands and seniority. Overtime is required)
Starting Compensation: $38.26 per hour, plus 6% shift differential (for 2nd & 3rd shift), along with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive.
- Use prints, schematics, program documentation, service manuals and manufactures technical bulletins as aids to complete assigned tasks.
- Work on Installation, Construction, Operation, Troubleshooting, Repairing, and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment inside and outside the plant including but not limited to:
- Blueprints & Sketches, Dismantle, move, install and align machinery, plant equipment, conveyors, furnaces, washers, blowers, paint booths, platers, tracks, motors and generators; use hoists, cranes, tractors, jacks, rollers and other rigging devices; Construction Materials, Fabricate and erect building structural steel and miscellaneous iron, Install scaffolds, Hand, Power, Leveling and Measuring Tools, Construct, install, repair and maintain various conveyors, Chain falls, concrete foundations & maintain and replace belts, any other mechanical machinery used in the production process.
- Have an understanding of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Mechanics.
- Research part numbers for repairs, ordering spare parts and inventory.
- Document repairs. Generate and/or edit prints and programs as needed.
- Plan mechanical jobs, calculate and order supplies and materials.
- Must be able to use ladders and lift platforms.
- Must practice OSHA lock-out tag-out procedure, work in a safe, neat manner and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers and plant operations.
- Work as part of a team in the production of our vehicles.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Lift up to 50lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Work in a standing, bending, and/or stretching position.
- Post-offer physical capacity testing required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/equivalent or higher education.
- Must provide documentation of completing a certified mechanical apprentice program obtaining Journeyman status or a minimum of 4 years of on the job experience equivalent to Journeyman status.
- Manufacturing experience or a general understanding of a manufacturing environment is preferred.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT ANY MACK LOCATIONS
We support a drug-free work environment.