Senior/Specialist Electrical & Electronics Hardware Engineer @ Energy Storage System | Electromobility
Volvo Group Trucks Technology – Electromobility is the global, strategic center for electric
vehicle development within the Volvo Group. By 2040 the entire sales of Volvo Group vehicle shall be
fossil free and already by 2030 the annual sale of Electric Trucks will be 100 000 vehicles. Electromobility is a key area for the Volvo Group in order to be in the fore front of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a sustainable tomorrow.
Electromobility in Bangalore is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We work in close cooperation with colleagues across globe to develop solutions and components which will electrify Volvo vehicles and contribute for a sustainable future.
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
We are now looking for a Senior E&E Hardware Engineer to drive development activities and deliver high voltage battery packs by working in close cooperation with our suppliers and colleagues representing different functions in our internal cross functional network.Key Responsibilities:
Competence and relevant experience
- Define and lead the EE technical requirements of battery Pack and development activities with the supplier following Volvo GTT processes & guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to gather and understand application specific requirements.
- Support with RFQ and supplier selection process.
- Review supplier design documents and secure RTS.
- Ensure integration and installation EE requirements of Battery Pack.
- Analysis BP test data’s and troubleshoot any issues related to EE performance target.
- Be an active member of our agile team working with the JIRA backlog and secure product documentation and release processes.
- Handling the customer concerns & product issues and to determine the root causes of concerns and ensure the solution effectiveness.
- Support functional verification and fault tracing in vehicles as well as in rigs and lab environment.
- Great team player with agile mindset
- Effectively communicating concerns, finding and recommended solutions to cross functional team, management, and stakeholders
- Proven networking & collaboration skills to work with cross functional team.
- 6+ years of automotive product design & development experience
- Good experience in Battey Pack Electrical & Electronic Hardware requirement management and development, EMI/EMC, Sensors, ECR handling, supplier handling, issue handling, Verification and Validation.
- Experience in working with High Voltage Systems e.g., ECUs, Busbar, Junction boxes, contactors, Fuse, resistor etc.
- Good experience in failure analysis, risk analysis, DFMEA.
- Knowledge of automotive standards in Electrical and Environmental testing
- BE/MTech in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of CAD tools e.g Creo & PDM is an advantage.
- Volvo GTT systems, process and tools knowledge is an asset.
We believe that you are an action-oriented team player with the ability to successfully drive the team’s tasks to completion and lead cross-functional teams. You have a strategic ability to understand, identify and adapt to future needs and challenges. You also have adequate planning and organizing abilities.