You will join the Diagnostics engineering Team (DE). At DE we develop Aftermarket Diagnostics for Volvo and Mack trucks. And most important is to develop the solutions that support our customers and their vehicles to stay on their mission, maximizing Uptime!
As a team we have skills and competences in many areas such as Vehicle Electronics, mechatronics, data analytics, AI, CAD/PLM, VR/AR, App development and more.
In the area of Diagnostics, projects may focus everything from core technologies to integration in end2end solutions, covering anything between sensors and raw data to decision support and visualization.
To be successful in almost everything we do, it require us to work in a cross functional environment building solutions together with people and teams in different parts of the organization.
As a team we work, support each other and grow together.
The mission of this role is to develop diagnostic methods and operations, to be integrated in aftermarket diagnostic tools and systems. Develop diagnostic method information (fault tracing procedure) for a given vehicle/powertrain (incl.e-mobility) function. In this role you will,
- Develop test and calibration operations on vehicle and component level, as well as lead the work to produce Wiring Diagram Schematics.
- Create and maintain diagnostic operation specifications.
- Secure and synchronize special tool needs related to methods/operations.
- Support the development of new or changed functionality in diagnostic tools and systems related to diagnostic data.
- Be a part of developing future diagnostic content technologies (e.g automated generated information).
- Be a part of developing new data structure for future diagnostics content information.
- Perform unit test of the implemented method/operation and report software and system bugs found.
- Secure verification of the implemented method/operation.
- Ensure that the methods/operations fulfill good design practice and service information warning guidelines.
- Analyze test result and manage corrections of issues.
- Implement test and calibration operations based on specifications.
- Quality assured diagnostics content released/available to our diagnostics service based solutions.
- Meet Quality KPI’s for the specific technical area and concerned products.
- Secure the costumer perspective when releasing diagnostics content information in priority order.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
B. Tech/M. Tech, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Electronic Communication, Data analyst and Programming skills (HW close or Object Oriented) and/or Distributed Systems competence
- Experience: Around 7- 10 years of Experience in relevant area
- UDS on CAN, Python, Canoe, Canalyzer, Business and data modelling, Domain driven design, JAVA Script, Dev Ops, Azure, Polymer, Virtual methods, Data Analytics, Machine learning, Model Based Design, Extended Vehicle / Automotive knowledge, System architecture (Full system on/off board)
- Take responsibility for deliveries
- Driving for result/Delivery oriented
- Agile mind-set
- Take Lead and understand Business perspective
- Product Ownership mind-set
- XF Networking, Communication/Presentation, reaching the audience on most levels by explaining/adapting with examples when conveying a message
- Helpful mind-set and also draws no boundaries when tasked with assignments, Assignment before ego
- Can do attitude and mentality
- Sharing and collaboration keeping the Customer perspective
- Teamwork and care for colleagues
- Group Manager, Diagnostics Engineering, AMT – GTT - Bangalore
contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience. Aftermarket Technology
provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.For more information please contact: J Baskar