The Volvo truck factory in Ghent is one of the world's biggest factory of the Volvo Group. Every day, our colleagues work together to build trucks of excellent quality. Innovation and continuous improvement are inherited in our daily operations. We believe in Lean Manufacturing, where quality, safety and environmental care are embedded as our top priority. Our site in Ghent today exists of many different departments, but one thing we all have in common: we are passionate about what we do.
This is us, your new colleagues
You are part of the manufacturing engineering organization and within this team you are responsible for creating the metaphorical bridge between the production processes and the IT solutions that support it. In this role you will be the go-to person for several different end-users (manufacturing engineers, production operators, etc.). You will be seen as the expert of both the current systems as well as a driver for innovation and new technologies. All with the continuous improvement of our business and factory as the focus point. You discuss all the aforementioned topics, challenges, improvement proposals as well as future developments in a global team of key users and solution leaders from all across the world.
Do you just love to?
Are you the one?
- Facilitate the introduction of new & innovative solutions to further improve our production process
- Communicate, anchor and help prioritize process improvement proposals at both the local site/organization as well as within the global network
- Support the development & implementation of standard process/es & solution(s), new & innovative solutions at local site/organization
- Analyze production processes & problems in order to find the best IT solution
- Participate in acceptance tests (process and solution) to allow easy & smooth implementations into the factory
- Identify training needs, plan and secure training in cooperation with the business
- Bring business knowledge, needs and requirements from all users to the business process developer or solutions leader
- You have a Master/Bachelor’s degree in engineering or have equivalent working experience
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are analytical, self-learning and hands on
- You are open minded and able to think out of the box, always looking for innovations and improvements
- You have a passion for industry 4.0 and the integration of the connected technologies in a manufacturing environment
- You can translate the end-user requests into technical requirements of the systems
- You have an interest in the automotive industry & knowledge of manufacturing processes. Knowledge of lean manufacturing is a plus
- You have good problem-solving skills and are interested in data analysis
- You are a flexible person (on call, weekend, start-up) & able to work structured in a stressful situation
- You are a team player that works & communicates well with all levels of the organization (from operators to management team)
A perfect match?
Does tackling process challenges by putting your IT skills and drive for continuous improvement into practice sound like a dream come true? Does system development & roll-out, data analysis, shop-floor oriented problem-solving and continuous improvement represent your ideal day? Do you want to expand your innovative & technological impact from your personal home environment to a world leader in the automotive industry? Are you able to translate the needs of end users into feasible solutions? If so, come and join the team, you will get the autonomy and opportunity to take up the role and become part of the Volvo Group family.
Let's do this!
Are you ready to take the challenge to adapt, improve and implement process-oriented IT solutions in a dynamic truck factory? Apply via our website or e-mail email@example.com