Mack Trucks launched the all-new Mack® MD Series of medium-duty trucks, adding to its already robust product lineup to reach new customers and applications. Serial production of the Mack MD Series will began in July 2020.
Mack also announced a $13 million investment to establish its Roanoke Valley Operations (RVO), a new manufacturing facility in the Roanoke Valley, Virginia, for the production of the Mack MD Series. Mack’s investment is being used for equipment, tooling and building enhancements in the 280,000 square feet of the facility dedicated to the assembly of Mack medium-duty vehicles.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
The purpose of this position is to conduct quality product audits to provide highly competent and technical feedback to the Manufacturing team and other stakeholders on the quality of the product being produced to ensure safety and compliance, and to verify that systems and procedures give product, and performance as demanded by our markets CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Perform Product Audits and other audits (Product Project audit, Customer audit, Conformance of Production audit, etc.) in accordance with defined instructions (Product Audit Manual)
- Document a Report identified non-conformities
- Check additional trucks produced immediately before and after audited vehicles when a Safety and/or Compliance non-conformity is identified.
- Stay current with Customers’ View of Quality by reviewing Warranty Claims and visiting Dealers/Customers
- Serve as a reference for Product Quality at the manufacturing plant.
- Automotive Product Technical Knowledge (e.g. Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, Body in White, Electrical System and Electronics)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Problem solving process, including root cause analysis
- Communication Skills (Ability to communicate and present issues to stakeholders)
- Regularly required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preference will be given to candidates that are
- Willing to work Saturdays.
- In periods available to work overtime (Paid overtime)
- Open to work third shift
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience in the truck industry or hands-on mechanical experience
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in the field of quality preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- CDL preferred otherwise must meet the requirements to pass the CDL test to start