Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future. If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match. This is us, your new colleagues
Do you want to join a dynamic and agile development team, directly contributing to the Volvo Group's transformation towards sustainable mobility? Apply here!
Our team at Powertrain Electrics & Electronics develops embedded solutions for full electric/hybrid powertrains, hydrogen technologies, engines, and transmissions for the complete Volvo Group. In practice, we develop the next-generation embedded software for all our propulsion in-house control systems, and we are now in search of new innovative coworkers.
We are a global team, and you will join our core software development center located in Lundby, Gothenburg.
The software platform provides a large set of generic services, like electronic hardware abstraction, central diagnostic functions, and various communication tasks. The development is targeting advanced automotive multicore MCUs and electronics.About the role
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be at the heart of the development of future electric propulsion solutions. You will work with the specification and design of software architecture, implement, verify, integrate, and test embedded software, as well as develop test frameworks. We can offer you both fun and exciting challenges.
The software platform includes for example MCU low-level drivers as well as device drivers for all connected peripherals, CAN, and ethernet communication stacks. Other features are the real-time OS configuration, diagnostic event manager, and ECU power management.
Additionally, you will help improve our way of working, development tools, and continuous integration framework.We are looking for you...
… who are eager to grow as a professional, with an open mind and proactive approach. With a strong drive and creativity, you provide ideas and bring solutions, from system design to verification. You are a team player and enjoy teamwork but can work independently likewise.Requirements:
It is also merit to have knowledge in
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Embedded Software, Electronics, Physics, or equivalent education.
- Several years of experience in software engineering and embedded real-time systems programming.
- Competence in embedded software architecture, design, and verification.
- Knowledge of programming embedded real-time systems in C
- Skilled in Python, and Git.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Open-minded and proactive, structured and a drive to take the lead is an advantage
Ready for the next move?
- Target CPUs like Infineon Aurix TriCore 2:nd and 1:st gen is a merit.
- Tools like the Lauterbach T32 debugger, Oscilloscopes, and Robot Framework
- Electronics. Knowledge in automatics engineering and/or mechatronics is a plus.
- Previous Experience in Volvo Powertrain software development will be highly valued.
If you want to make a real impact in your career, the transportation business is where you want to be. We look forward to meeting you.
For any questions please contact Sarah Fayazi, Group Manager Embedded SW, firstname.lastname@example.orgKindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.