Are you an Engineer who is excited to develop solutions to today’s powertrain engineering challenges? Do you value a fun work environment, engineering curiosity, autonomy, and hard work? Does working with a global network of skilled engineers interest you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. Volvo Group is seeking a Lead Engineer, Air Management & Fuel Injection
to join our team in Hagerstown, MD.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Air Management & Fuel Injection, is a part of the Combustion & After-treatment Technology Team for Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) North America. We develop hardware, controls, onboard diagnostic, and aftermarket diagnostic strategies for turbocharging, exhaust gas recirculation, fuel filtration, and high pressure fuel injection. The subsystems we develop are used on Volvo Group powertrains in on-highway heavy duty vehicles to fulfill our customers performance needs, reduce engine fuel consumption, and reduce our engine’s environmental impact.
The Volvo Group Hagerstown facility provides a unique opportunity in that design engineering, validation testing, and manufacturing all happens under one roof. Check out our facility here
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which is central to all our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Lead Engineer for Air Management & Fuel, your work will directly support past, current, and future production products. A typical day could involve:
- Working with our design team and our suppliers to develop the components of our future engines.
- Developing test plans for hardware or control verification of new components and systems.
- Collaborating with our cross-functional partners located in Sweden, France, or Brazil.
- Analyzing telematic data from a customer truck to support a quality investigation.
- Developing aftermarket solutions to help workshops predict or diagnose technical problems.
- Running an engine in a test rig to calibrate software functions to reduce emissions.
- Having a lunch or a coffee break with your colleagues.
Our employees describe Volvo Group Trucks Technology as a great place to work, built upon respect, cooperation, commitment, and fun. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
Additional responsibilities in the team include:Testing:
Dataset function owner:
- Operating world-class heavy-duty engine dynamometer test cells.
- Efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data.
- Analyzing data from trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development.
- Driving software evolutions with our software engineers for improved product performance, reliability, and on-board diagnostics.
Who You Are
- Directing, developing, and evaluating plans for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out with Volvo colleagues and external suppliers across the globe.
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required.
- Releasing upgrades and evolutions of the air management or fuel injection system hardware.
You are a skilled engineer who enjoys working in a highly technical environment developing innovative, customer focused solutions. You are a supportive team member conducting yourself with integrity. You enjoy collaborating on a local and global level. You are driven and are known for taking the lead to get the job done. You have excellent technical abilities and a broad in-depth knowledge in your field.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of related engineering experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability for domestic and international travel as needed (up to 10%).
- Can-do and resilient attitude
- Master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Engine development experience
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through an internal Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- In-house family medical facility, pharmacy, and physical therapy
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here