Chapters are an integral part of the Digital Delivery function of Volvo Group Digital & IT
's. Our collective expertise spans a wide range of domains, including Mainframe, .NET, Java, IBMi, Mobile/XR, Quality Assurance, System Analysis, Agile methodologies, and various platforms. Our core mission revolves around a business-centric approach, dedicated to nurturing and enhancing competencies in digital excellence. Our goal is to play a pivotal role in driving and facilitating the digital transformation journey of the Volvo Group.
Join us to shape the Future of Transport Solutions as a member of IBMi
What will you do:
Who are you:
- Design, code, test and implement high-quality IBMi software solutions
- Support, maintain and enhance the IBMi hosted master data application
- Work with various stakeholders and navigate in a multi-cultural environment
- Secure service readiness for users on IBMi platform
- Work with the Continuous Improvement process
- Keep yourself up to date with emerging IBMi technologies, tools and trends
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to knowledge sharing
- A graduate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Have been working as IBMi developer or IBMi application support for at least 2 years
- Familiar with ILE RPG (do some coding, analyze the code) and ILE CL
- Comfortable when working in distributed teams
- A quick learner who also like sharing knowledge
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A SQL practitioner
- You have some knowledge of XML or JSON
- You speak and write in English
We’d be very happy if you are also:
What's in it for you:
- Familiar with agile practices
- Experienced with any ITSM tool
- Familiar with message-oriented middleware (preferably IBM MQ)
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure
- A java script practitioner
What else we can offer you:
- Diverse and impactful work: Collaborate with experts from different domains, expanding your knowledge and contributing to the success of various business areas.
- Professional growth: Benefit from mentorship and training opportunities, unlocking your potential for career advancement within our organization.
- Innovation at heart: Be part of a team that's always exploring new solutions and technologies, driving continuous improvement.
- Cross-functional exposure: Engage with stakeholders across departments, enhancing your interpersonal skills.
- Supportive environment: Join a team that values your input, fosters open communication, and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
- Contract of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Impact on the development of crucial products of the premium brand on a global scale
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Work-life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Equipment and tools needed in everyday work
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
- Private healthcare and MyBenefit cafeteria system
- Volvo League: we run team games in various sports
- Participation in international projects and different pieces of training
Ready for the next move? As our organization continues to grow, this role will furnish you with the essential skills and expertise to effectively manage progressively complex responsibilities.
Interested? Join us and let’s work together!
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.