How are we?
Today electromobility is one of the main development areas within Volvo Group, with a mission to be in the forefront of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow. The importance of the work we do can be seen everyday across the globe where our trucks, buses, engineers, and construction equipment make modern life possible.
As a Lead PCB Design Engineer within Electromobility you together with your colleagues are responsible for electrical and automation systems design validation of product, assignments, and projects. Your role will be to act as a leader to set strategies, make plan and lead the team through defined tasks. Within your assignment you’ll get to work with developing and creating sustainable methods, strategies, and instructions by defining technical solutions that contributes to our high performing products.
To be able to take on this role, you need experience from creating electrical schematic drawings for PCB/PWBs and from engineering concept to final drawings. You should be comfortable with using PCB Design related tools and have an understanding for documentation system. Furthermore, you need a high level of knowledge in electricity, and the standards related to it, a good understanding of EMC, High Voltage and Low Voltage Directive.
You are also expected to bring expertise in:
- Provide technical oversite of PCB/PWB supplier selection, verification, and continuous improvement efforts
- Experience of Gerber file creation and manipulation
- Experience of using Altium Designer for schematic capture thorough understanding of electronic principles
- Cable sizing, Measurement techniques and electronics, Signal handling
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools to facilitate the import/export of mechanical information.
- As well as a good understanding of functional safety
- Test cell set-up and structure - is seen as a plus
- Bachelor / Master's or Doctorand degree in Electrical and Electronics, Power Electronics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
Who are you?
We don’t know you yet, but we believe that you are a structured and solution-oriented person who enjoys working cross-functionally and building relationships. Since we work in close cooperation with our stakeholders and other teams, you are a communicative team player with a high degree of personal responsibility. An eagerness to learn and “can do attitude” characterize your personal profile. You have a strong technical passion and drive that makes you a natural leader in challenging tasks demanding to explore new knowledge areas.
We are offering you…
… the possibility to be a part of a fun and evolving environment where our engineers get the room to be both creative and innovative. Here we are working with one of the biggest technology shifts in the transport industry. So, if you feel ready to tackle the new and exciting challenges and grow both as an individual and professionally then take the chance and join us.
So, you want to apply?
If our entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, and result-oriented mindset light your inner fire, we might be a great match!
Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Maryam Javaheri, Group Manager Traction Voltage Monitoring & Electric Vehicle
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.