Are you seeking an opportunity where you can play a vital role in the development of future products for the transportation market? Does the idea of shaping the evolution of Mack and Volvo Products in North America excite you? Do you thrive in an environment where you can grow and mentor other engineers?
If you answered yes, then keep reading!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Team, The North American Vehicle Strategy Team, are experts in Vehicle and Geometric Architecture who investigate concepts and develop roadmaps for our future products. We lead studies, working cross-functionally, both locally and Globally to secure these plans.
What You Will be Doing
As a Lead Vehicle Platform Engineer on the Vehicle Strategy Team, you will be spearheading vehicle platform development in North America for Mack and Volvo Trucks. You will ensure the unique requirements of the North American market are understood and included into the global platform development. You will also ensure we are utilizing the available global architecture in our future planning and roadmaps.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and performing vehicle platform studies and determining architectural changes to meet future needs.
- Leading North American coordination with Global Platform Architects in the CAST organization
- Leading and coordinating execution of global platform development for defined projects and workstreams.
- Defining platform prerequisites for product updates in North America.
- Defining interfaces and boundary conditions in workstreams and projects.
What We Are Looking For
You are an engineer who has a drive and energy, and who can manage and lead technical development while balancing various viewpoints. You are someone who thrives while working with complex product diversity and can identify and structure complex dependencies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Master’s degree Preferred.
- 8-12+ years of experience in transportation or a related industry, preferably automotive or commercial vehicles
- Specific knowledge of the Volvo/Mack Product would be a plus or several years of experience in Product Development, Heavy Truck industry.
- Good understanding of Heavy Truck customer applications and requirements.
- Good vehicle knowledge including the product defining requirements and relations on complete vehicle or sub-vehicle area level.
- Expertise in area of modular architecture, ability to coach and provide knowledge transfer.
- Competence in Creo is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong paid time off benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Se enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico en cuanto envíe su solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar su perfil personal.