Would you like to be part of a strong engineering team that is engaged in the development of future transportation solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced solutions for Mack and Volvo trucks excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
The Brake Systems and Vehicle Controls (BSVC) group is responsible for developing strategy, supporting Advance Engineering and implementing systems related to braking, stability control and air supply systems. The Pneumatic Installation Team inside the BSVC group is responsible for packaging braking systems components (such as air tanks, valves, ECU’s), Routing of Pneumatic and electrical harnesses. Collaborating with Testing teams, Suppliers and Manufacturing for validating and industrializing the designed components.
What You Will be Doing
As the Lead Engineer, Air Systems you will act as a specialist within the Pneumatic Installation Team. You will have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art research and development environment dedicated to providing quality transportation products to the North American market. Highlights of this position include the building of models, running Design of Experiments, collecting real-world data to calibrate, validate, and presentation of results.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Integrating packages and verifying pneumatic component installation according to the technical and assembly requirements.
- Front-loading work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late stage releases
- Installing and packaging of Brakes related component from Compressor to Brake chambers, provide air supply to all the auxiliaries as needed.
- Routing and clipping of pneumatic and electrical components and verification both virtual and Physical
- Releasing components as applicable to resolve maintenance issues or secure project deliveries
- Maintaining our brand reputation is crucial, and this position serves that mission by assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations.
- Developing modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensuring component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Integrating deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Developing and sharing acquired competence (e.g. training) and providing technical advice
- Communicating active project deliveries during daily team leadership meetings
- Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 8-12+ years of experience in product development in the transportation industry, preferably in truck development.
- Extensive knowledge of class 8 heavy duty trucks chassis structure, axle, suspension and vehicle dynamics.
- Knowledge of Braking Systems and Pneumatics is preferred.
- Basic CAD (CREO-AVP) experience is required.
- Previous product ownership experience is preferred.
- Project management experience is a merit, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of DVP is preferred.
- Ability to take initiatives to optimize the systems, processes and methods/ Work with engineers and designers on site and development centers around the world.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Ready to shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Se enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico en cuanto envíe su solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar su perfil personal.