The global trade situation is in constant change which is one driver to keep our eyes and ears open to the world around us. We work to secure compliance towards customs, dual-use legislations and sanctions and we have a global coverage for the Volvo Group.
The Classification Service Center is responsible to set the customs classifications (HS, HTS, and ECCN) for all Volvo Group products and components. We work closely with all regional functions globally and secure that correct master data is present when needed. Correct master data is critical, and it is used for several purposes such as customs declarations, origin calculations and reporting substances of concern.
We are building a qualified team in Wrocław, supporting the global team, dedicated to secure compliance in customs and export control regulations, by exceling in customs classifications. You will be part of an open, friendly and skilled team consisting of passionate people. Knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics in our team.
We now need to strengthen our team with a key player, a Classification Specialist Professional who will secure critical knowledge in our competence area of Classification.
The main responsibility in this role is to secure that import and export of products and components comply with regulations, spanning from high level compliance requirements to specific technical evaluations and issues in the supply chain. The role has focus on analysis and classifications of products and components.
- Responsible for oversight classifying items with accuracy according to Volvo Group processes and regional regulatory documents
- Work with Volvo business areas and suppliers to obtain product data, documents, and material information to ensure the proper classification of the items.
- Support classifications with justifications
- Performing internal audits
- Responsible for following all documented processes or provide insight with ways for improvement.
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures for compliance.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external parties to address Harmonized Tariff related inquiries.
- Contribute to the collaborative team spirit and coach junior team members
- Professional Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Import and Export Compliance.
- Customs Brokers License is considered a merit
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent knowledge level can be shown from experience.
- Knowledge and experience with both the HS/HTS and ECCN classifications.
- Proficient working within the Customs regulations
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Must organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to manage workload and meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team.
Who are you?
- You have customs classification experience, preferably with a focus in the automotive industry. Experience from engineering is considered a merit. Part of the job is to understand and interpret regulations and also being able to explain them to others. For this position it is valuable to be able to see both holistically and dive into details when needed.
- We are looking for a person who is a skilled communicator, who enjoys networking and feel confident and comfortable being a spokesperson.
- You have a university degree in a relevant field or are able to demonstrate similar competence level built from experience.
- Proficiency in technical English is required, both verbally and written.
- Once we can go back to traveling there will be some occasions for that in this position.
- This is a great opportunity to develop in a unique role, please give me a call if you are curious to know more!
Apply and co-create the great team!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
Proceso de solicitud
Se enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico en cuanto envíe su solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar su perfil personal.