This is us, your new colleagues...
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!
Want to learn more?
At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to apply for our Senior Packaging Engineer position and join our dynamic team of professionals.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
About the Position
As an Senior Packaging Engineer you will support production and logistics areas by providing the best packaging solutions for the automotive parts. You will be responsible for designing, prototyping, testing, procuring and implementing shipping racks for our current and future products, securing safety and quality standards. Doing this you will be working with cross-functional teams including tooling, manufacturing, purchasing and material handling. You also will be continuously improving the current packaging solutions, eliminating transportation, quality and ergonomics wastes.
You will be part of the team of about 20 Industrial and Packaging Engineers designing the future of the factory by participating in exciting projects we are running. In this journey you will report to the Business Team Leader - Logistics Engineering.
Main activities and responsibilities for these roles:
- Support the design and implementation of shipping racks and custom returnable packaging solutions for major truck components
- Drive inventory management and maintenance programs of shipping rack fleets
- Support new product introductions by ensuring parts have a packaging solution prior to release of the new product feature
- Maintain project timelines, main interface with packaging suppliers, component suppliers purchasing and factory needs
- Develop, monitor, and adjust budgets as required
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams when needed dealing with packaging
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skillset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent required
- 2-3 years experience of automotive industry packaging and/or tooling experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- CAD, Sketchup, Autodesk, PTC Creo view and other similar 3D design experience
- Advanced understanding basic computer programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Basic understanding of metal fabrication, plastic forming and transportation protection
- Project management background is a plus
- Strong communication, planning, organization and visualization/presentation skills
- Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
- Ability to work flexible hours (including varying shifts, possible weekends and overtime)
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Se enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico en cuanto envíe su solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar su perfil personal.