Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
This Project Buyer role will be the purchasing interface towards projects and suppliers within the Rubber and Cooling segment during the entire project phase. They will report to the Head of Rubber and Cooling Purchasing North America and will be based out of Greensboro, NC.
Main areas of responsibility:
What We Are Looking For
- Support sourcing plan for components and systems according to cross-functional time plans
- Support supplier selection process, securing that they comply with Volvo's targets, budgets, and timelines
- Secure all standard/specific agreements with suppliers
- Manage sourcing activities in project phase with support of the Commodity Buyer and Head of Rubber and Cooling Purchasing North America
- Challenge, negotiate, secure, and report fulfillment of project targets in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) targets during sourcing and project/industrialization phases
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in the project phase
- Ensure that suppliers are prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide input on Supplier Project Performance to the Commodity Buyer
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity Buyers
- 3+ years of strategic purchasing experience
- Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage
- Proven negotiation skills
- Positive attitude, strong business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field is an advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!