Are you a curious changemaker who thrives in a fast-paced, global and complex environment? Does the opportunity to make an impact excite you, and are you looking for a career where you grow and learn every day? At Volvo Group Purchasing we shape the world we want to live in, by leveraging our ecosystem of supply network partners to drive prosperity.
Innovation, sustainability, diversity, competitiveness, resiliency, new business models, and digitalization are all key drivers in how we select partners, partners that have the same value based and people centric view of the world as we do here at Volvo Group. Together we deliver business value to our customers and the Volvo Group.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
We are looking for talent with passion, commitment and big ideas who want to make a difference. Sound like you? Join our team!What You Will Be Doing
The Purchasing Strategy & Digitalization (PS&D) function within Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is a Centre of Excellence. We are responsible for driving and facilitating the strategic direction of purchasing on behalf of Executive Management Team.
PS&D is, together with relevant line functions, driving efficiencies within digitalization, governance, harmonization, group synergies, continuous improvements, and digital & IT projects to enable business value. We work proactively with change management and transformation in collaboration with GTP line functions.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
What We Are Looking For
- Effectively communicate the vision and objectives to motivate individual contributors to deliver on business priorities and continuously improve ways of working
- Develop, document, and secure implementation of a robust Continuous Improvement process for GTP NA (Group Trucks Purchasing North America)
- Serve as the Continuous Improvement Reference Group leader and Continuous Improvement process owner within GTP NA
- Lead Continuous Improvement groups, act as the Continuous Improvement liaison within GTP NA
- Conduct analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance of the Continuous Improvement program
- Promote global processes and tools usage, supporting process compliance on a global level
- Contribute (lead or participate) on purchasing Business Plan activities
- Represent PS&D NA in different teams or line organization in North America, and serve as the key contact for feedback, ideas, best practices, issues, and questions
You are someone who is currently working with a passionate team of purchasing professionals that has a good understanding for how to harmonize different processes and make use of digitalization in a way that adds business value. You are passionate, value-driven and have a keen eye for details to work on transformation in the purchasing area.
You understand the different nuances on how the purchasing processes work and can simplify complex and unclear situations. You are ambitious and you make organizations successful by coming up with different insights and new proposals. You are a team player with an ability to understand the strategic roadmap of Volvo Group Purchasing and have an ability to apply tools and ways of working to support it. As a person, you see change as an opportunity, you are positive and enjoy the challenges that transformation brings!
- University degree in Business Administration
- Continuous Improvement tools and skills (6 Sigma, lean manufacturing)
- Preferred knowledge of purchasing or supply chain, or coming from a multicultural process-oriented organization
- Experience collaborating with executive level within a global organization
- Excellent decision-making skills, considering risks and opportunities, with an ownership mindset
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Collaborative and proactive mindset with a strong drive to improve
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!