Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, providing state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.
What you will be doing
As a NRV Support Intern you will own the following responsibilities:
- Investigate manufacturing and assembly issues related to GTT product design
- Analyze manufacturing and assembly problem reports to determine the best course of action required to resolve problems and to implement cost effective solutions
- Actively work to eliminate GTT design issues that contribute to demerits on factory quality product audits
- Work with the design groups to release clear and accurate documentation of design solutions to manufacturing
- Investigate assembly and manufacturing information affecting product development as required by the GTT design groups
- Support publishing of weekly report which informing the Engineering organization of issue resolved
Who you are
You are a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. Examples will likely include mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, and d. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group Manager - Vehicle Geometry & Product Support.
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Applicants should possess strong communication skills.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development