Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
We like to work hard; have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
GTP is in 52 sites around the world, has 1 500 employees and a yearly spend of 140 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds, and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
GTP APAC is a regional organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 4 BSEK; the team is responsible for all purchasing activities for Direct Materials for Trucks (AP) and for Indirect Products and Services (SD&I) for all BAs and BUs in the Asia Pacific Region. GTP APAC is headquartered in Shanghai, China and has team members in China, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and South Africa.
The team is responsible to drive end-to-end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We are now looking for a colleague who would like to join and lead our dynamic and goal-oriented team. We are proud to say that in our team we create TRUST by the way of working with peers and colleagues. We deliver with world-class PERFORMANCE both hard and soft. We have fun at work and show PASSION in what we do. CUSTOMER SUCCESS is guiding us in the decisions. We CHANGE to stay ahead, and we continuously improve every day.
Ready for a challenge? Good. Because we are ready for you.
As the Innovation Buyer, you are one of the key stakeholders in establishing GTP APAC’s overall innovation agenda. At the initial phase, your task is to enable successful networking, scouting, and integration of innovations and new technologies from external suppliers and partners into our internal development initiatives which lead by GTT, and also take the lead for the pre-study work of CampX China.
At the second phase (After CampX China establishment), the additional task is to lead early phase investigations and pre-studies, as well as exploring different types of business models and partnerships, often with start-ups. The role also includes being the purchasing interface towards the engineering innovation counterparties, as well as other innovation stakeholders in the group.
You are also, will be the purchasing representative to collaborate with JV partners and stakeholders from other BAs in innovation and new technologies’ domain.
You will be based in Shanghai and report to the Head of EEA&EMOB, APAC.
- Main areas of responsibility:
- Represent GTP APAC in the global CampX Ecosystem Meetings.
- Be an innovation ambassador and coach to the APAC purchasing community.
- Be the purchasing interface towards different external innovation hubs and networks.
- Proactively scout for new technologies/partners through research and trade show attendance. Business intelligence reports will be your main deliverables.
- Be a member of GTP APAC partnership & new business model working group, to actively explore and contribute on this topic.
- Be the Purchasing representative towards engineering new technologies’ studies.
- Lead innovation investigations and proof of value cases after CampX China establishment.
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct, and the Volvo Values.
- 10+ years of strategic purchasing experience.
- Automotive OEM, or Tier 1 Supplier industry, startup incubation and innovation projects experience is preferred.
- Experience with advance engineering and new technology areas including NEV, V2X, autonomous solutions etc., is preferred.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology and/or Business Administration.