Master Scheduler | SUPPLY CHAIN
US | Onsite | Hagerstown, MD
Reporting to: Manager – Order & Volume Planning
Oversees: No direct reports, Individual Contributor roleABOUT THE JOB:
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault, and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating, and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Join us as well!
As a Master Scheduler you will be part of a 5-person team involved with the planning, scheduling, analysis, follow-up, and strategies of our main assembly lines. This role is also responsible for Identifying the root cause of problems/issues and finding ways to prevent them from occurring again. Someone who enjoys analytics, learning on the fly, supply chain IT systems, and problem solving will find this role rewarding. RESPONSIBLITIES:
Supply Chain - Master Scheduler is responsible for production planning for the Hagerstown plant, primarily over the engine assembly department – which is the largest and most critical. Additonally, the scheduler will ensure coverage and communication with CVA plants. The ability to effectively communicate, as well as, utilize/create new data analytics and visualization solutions is crucial to this role.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand production requirements and customer demand.
- Develop and maintain a detailed master production schedule, considering lead times, capacity constraints, and resource availability.
- Utilize Power-BI models and reports to monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to production efficiency and schedule adherence.
- Analyze and present historical data and customer forecasts to make data-driven decisions regarding production planning. Digital tools such as Power-BI and MS Excel is used.
- Work closely with material control members and other supply chain teams to ensure timely delivery of materials and components required for assembly.
- Identify potential production bottlenecks and proactively propose solutions to address them.
- Continuously optimize the production schedule to meet customer demand while minimizing costs and maximizing efficiency. Digital tools such as Power-BI and MS Excel is used.
- Provide regular updates to management and stakeholders on the status of production schedules and potential risks.
- Collaborate with other manufacturing sites (CVA and/or other Volvo Powertrain) and facilities to coordinate and synchronize production schedules.
- Problem solving complex and difficult scenarios and proposing a solution in a timely manner.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, etc.). Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in production scheduling, ideally in a manufacturing setting, with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience in digitalization and reporting is required.
- Experience and proficiency with Power-BI and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Exceptional/clear/effective/strong communication skills is required.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles/continuous improvement methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with powertrain manufacturing or automotive industry operations is an advantage.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic production environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of ERP and MRP systems is a plus.
- Conflict Management and Adaptability.
- Customer oriented mindset and skills.
- Competitive health/medical plans.
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans.
- Onsite medical facility, pharmacy, lactation center and gym specifically for Volvo employees.
- Voluntary benefits to include critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, legal services, additional life insurance, and pet insurance.
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match, as wells as additional automatic company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous vacation time and 7 paid holidays.
- Adoption Assistance program.
- Paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Employee discounts and perks program.
Participation details of the various benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.