Volvo Group EaaS Software Engineer
As a Professional Quality Assurance Software Engineer part of the Volvo Group (VG) Equipment as a Service (EaaS) global team, you will collaborate with the Product Owner, Architects, Developers, core team members, and other stakeholders, in the design and development of a new service within the Volvo Group. The overall objective of the VG EaaS platform is to augment the organization’s portfolio of services and solutions to meet current and future demands from a constantly evolving market. You will work in an environment focused on cross-functionality, inclusion, value creation and innovation, promoting an agile mindset and ways of working, with our internal network of employees and external partners, across all areas of the Volvo Group.
In this role, you are an experienced, self-organized, and a motivated individual, having strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to communicate effectively amongst stakeholders. You have a strong working knowledge in the field of software testing, sound understanding of automation testing in all aspects of the software development phases (planning, design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance). A combination of software solutions, development knowledge of various processes, tools, with excellent understanding of business, functional and non-functional requirements giving you the opportunity to contribute to the testing of the software-based solutions that are tailored to the business specific needs.Your Mission
You will be the Quality Assurance software engineer resource responsible for the software validation during the product development test phases. You will analyze, develop test cases and automation test scripts required for test validations for the applications that are tailored to the business specific needs.
You have a logical, analytical, and creative test approach and ability to communicate with colleagues, stakeholders, and management along with the ability to discuss and explain complex issues encountered during the test validations.Responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis of functional and non-functional specifications for the applications
- Develop and maintain test cases and automated test scripts.
- Ability to lead team in standards of practice of software testing.
- Maintain traceability between test/project artifacts.
- Identify and describe appropriate test techniques to provide efficient test solutions.
- Discuss issues openly with developers, architects, and stakeholders.
- Provide estimations for test efforts for application under test.
- Identify and communicate technical risks and propose mitigation actions.
- Ensure compliance with relevant business and technical processes, methods, and tools.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Quality Assurance Software Engineer or equivalent role
- Ability to work independently (self-organized) in a challenging and complex business and technical environment.
- Excellent knowledge of agile ways of working, and practical use of the Scrum framework and tools (e.g., Azure DevOps)
- Professional proficiency with the English language, both spoken and written.
- Excellent written (Business & Technical), verbal and listening communication skills.
- Working knowledge Azure DevOps
- Automation tools – Selenium (JAVA, C#, Python)
- Data driven automation test framework.
- Rest APIs / RESTful Web Services
- Azure Cloud
The Volvo Group is based on people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company. We rely on diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone. Here at Volvo, we are driven by the idea that through imagination, hard work, and technological innovation we will lead the way towards developing a world that is cleaner, smarter, and more connected. We believe in a sustainable future and with the global transportation industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose, and we live and breathe it, every day.
This position will report to the Solution Engineer US Chapter, supporting Commercial Solutions NA for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Relocation assistance is available.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other, and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.