Are you an energetic and passionate analytical engineer? Do you have an interest in working with a global company in an industry that impacts everyday lives? Are you interested in the opportunity to work with multiple technologies including Diesel, Natural Gas, and Battery Electric Trucks?
If so, we are currently seeking an Associate Engineer, 1D X-Domain Analyst to join our Chassis Analysis and Advanced Calculation team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Advanced Calculation, is an important part of the Vehicle Engineering function for Volvo Group Trucks North America. Advanced Calculation is a dynamic team of highly competent engineers who specialize in various CAE disciplines. We are responsible for ensuring functional requirements are met for durability & reliability, thermal management, cooling performance and other mechanical systems for heavy duty trucks developed for North America.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a 1D X-Domain Analyst, you will be responsible to compile and present 0D/1D complete vehicle simulation results to system responsible engineers, project management and testing teams. You will work closely with various engineering teams i.e. chassis, cab, electrical, powertrain, software and testing teams to perform simulation tasks to meet North American project requirements.
The position entails a high level of collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams working on future products, analyzing complex thermo-mechanical systems, electrical, controls and ensuring functional requirements are met by providing design recommendations.
You will be expected to provide professional expertise as a 1D analyst and be able to work closely with various engineering stakeholders and perform 0D/1D systems analysis for the North American Truck projects. In addition, you are expected to support developing and maintaining vehicle model libraries.
Who You Are
- Build 1D system models to support complete vehicle cross-domain simulations
- Help define System/Sub-System functional requirements to meet complete vehicle targets
- Work with system responsible engineers in Chassis, Cab, Electrical, Powertrain and SW to perform complete vehicle system simulations
- Provide complete vehicle models to sub-system engineers to support individual system development
- Support engineering teams with integrating sub-system models into the complete vehicle simulation models
- Work with testing teams to perform DAQ testing
- Analyze field, test & simulation data to help calibrate 1D models
- Help develop and maintain model libraries and repositories
- Work with global teams to improve methods and model archives
You are a talented and customer-focused individual who can effectively communicate with component stakeholders across the vehicle engineering organization, and ensure that the components and systems meet various design targets (e.g. temperature, flow, pressure, energy consumption etc.) in terms of performance, functionality and life expectancy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in thermo-fluid and/or mechanical systems
- Strong background in fundamentals of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and mechanics
- 1D simulation tools such as GT-SUITE, Kuli or Amesim, Matlab/Simulink, etc.
- Experience with validation and experimental measurements using Design of Experiments
- Experience with PDM tools (Windchill, KOLA, PROTOM etc.) for building variant combinations and BOM’s
Compensation & Benefits
- Experience with modeling and simulating automotive cooling systems, thermal management, and mechanical/control systems
- Experience with Python or other similar data analysis tools
- Controls and software experience
- Experience with Git and version control methods
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.