The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.This is us your colleagues
Working for Volvo Group IT Center of Excellence means breaking new grounds, investigating and exploring ways of working and new techniques.
With us, you have the possibility to specialize within a certain area of interest and you will be an important contributor in making the Volvo Group succeed, meaning you will work and co-operate with stakeholders and peers all over the Volvo Group.
We are already at the forefront when it comes to technology and building future mobility solutions, and we believe having engaged employees is the key to our success. We value flexibility and work life balance, and in return we ask for your commitment in order to make this happen.Do you just love to …
We support the Volvo Group Mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions. At the Center of Excellence we aim to contribute to the mission by delivering digital expertise, emerging technology know-how, and best practice and methods. We continually strive to be the trusted partner in the digital transformation of the Volvo Group.
The Center of Excellence is a unit at Group IT - a large multi-cultural organization with 800+ employees and 150+ contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, France, US, Brazil, USA, and Belgium.Role description
Are you the one?
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data storage and processing technologies
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks such as Spark in cloud platforms (mainly MS Azure) or on premise
- Create and manage environments for advanced analytics/machine/deep learning and AI
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Pre-process, clean and structure data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Tracking data consumption patterns, working with data governance and information stewards within these teams, and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business and by data scientists to the curated data catalog for governed reuse
- Performing intelligent sampling and caching
- Recommending and automating — existing and future integration flows
- Help improving data quality by driving advancements in data acquisition, testing and tooling
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Collaborate with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists and business stakeholders to increase the long-term quality of delivery and learning
A perfect match?
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed open-source frameworks such as Hadoop, as well as commercial data management platforms
- You have experience in writing scripts with Python and Spark preparation/cleaning, as well as network architecture and collaborative work (git, etc.)
- You have proven experience in the role of data-engineer in the MS Azure Advanced Analytics stack
- You are knowledgeable in data storage techniques (SQL, noSQL, etc.), data structuring, data
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard, where your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
Will you join us?