Volvo Group Trucks Technology, VMEM - Thermal Management Sub-stream: Thermal Management Sys & HW - Bangalore group is looking for an energetic and skilled professional to work in heating, air distribution and refrigerant loop system components development of Thermal Systems equipped in our trucks. If you are looking for the diversified experience by working across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values - Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Thermal Management Sub Stream is a department within Vehicle Technology responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining an optimized cab climate and vehicle cooling & heating systems for all types of propulsion installations to all truck brands within the Volvo Group. We are responsible for leading the work with strategies and advanced engineering globally. We are located at Gothenburg and Bangalore and we have close cooperation with the engineering sites located in Greensboro and Lyon. We understand the final customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical concepts and solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. The work is based on innovation, shared technology, common architecture, and brand uniqueness. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products.
Thermal Management Sys & HW group in Bangalore is part of “Thermal Management Sub-stream”, Vehicle Technology. Our group consists of passionate, enthusiastic engineers & simulation analysts responsible to design, simulate, develop & deliver the product projects and advance-engineering topics in Vehicle Thermal Management. Now we are looking for an Engineer – Climate Components to take global responsibilities and participate in company-wide Thermal Management evolution to align technology needs of all Volvo truck brands.
Being part of Thermal Management Technology group gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology with opportunities to work in future technology product projects related to e-Mobility, Fuel cell and automation.
Engineer – Climate Components
As an Engineer, you will have opportunities to work in projects ranging from advanced engineering to start cost level of projects.
• Responsible to design and develop components and support mainly component owners working with air distribution and Heating system components like HVAC, Air Inlet, Evacuator, Parking Heaters, Cab Heaters. Also contribute towards various components and sub-system development in Thermal Management.
• Responsible to design and package thermal management system components in various EPICS we work.
• Closely work with component owners, heating, air distribution and refrigerant system responsible and thermal management system architects as needed during the design and development of assigned components for development
• Responsible to secure the system and End User Function requirements
• Enable the knowledge management with lessons learned, best practices and generic FMEA, DFA and DFAM documents updated timely
• Opportunities to work on various Thermal Management components & sub-systems
• Initiate and lead Advanced Engineering work in area of responsibility
• Lead both cross-functional teams and suppliers in development of designed concepts.
• To follow up quality status, PIL’s and participate in Design Reviews, to participate in risk and root cause analysis
• Define level 4 (component/system) time plan including the most important cross functional milestones using APQP as the supporting process
• Take full engineering responsibility, independently deliver the tasks as well as guide colleagues, Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality and readiness before release
• Accountable to manage design and development using our mandatory Q-Tools like, D-FMEA, S-FMEA(contribute), Risk register, DFA(Manufacturing) & DFAM(After Market)
• Your role is cross-functional, which means you will work in projects within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely collaborate with global cross functional teams
The responsibilities are a bit flexible to some extent, to achieve the full potential of your background and person.
Qualification and skills:
• BE /ME in Mechanical Engineering with more than 4 years of experience
• Good knowledge of the new product development life cycle and change management activities for product maintenance
• Experienced in developing components related to heating and air distribution system with good overall view of Overall Thermal Management System
• Hands on experience of CATIA & Creo tool to design components
• Good knowledge in Cab Heating and air conditioning systems
• Structured way of working and ability to deliver on complex tasks with cross functional team alignment
• You are a team player, self-driven with positive, global, and problem-solving mind-set and you possess excellent communication skills
• Experience in Future Technologies (e-MOB, Fuel Cell), 1D Simulations and material selection is a Merit
• Knowledge in mechatronics is an added advantage
• Knowledge in Volvo GTT development process and tools is a plus
• Working knowledge of overall truck thermal management and especially Climate system is a plus
• Working experience in testing & simulation of vehicle thermal management area is a plus
• Ability to work in a multicultural global environment
• Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities
• Good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.