At Service Market Logistics (SML), we aim to deliver excellent services to our customers, for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain, based on smart logistics solutions. We ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world.
Today, customer needs, logistic solutions and technology evolve rapidly; it is now more than ever vital for SML and its employees to embrace this pace of change.
In our region, we operate the Supply Planning teams, the Central Distribution Center (CDC) in Ghent and the Support Distribution Centers across Europe, and the Service Centers. We embrace our lean journey and we have a strong focus on our agility: how to adapt smart and quick to what really matters to our customers.
Meet your team
Welcome to the CDC Gent, this is the biggest warehouse of the Volvo Group, operated by approximately 800 brilliant and engaged people, who do their outmost daily to receive and deliver spare parts in quality and on time to satisfy our customers, for all brands (Volvo Trucks, VCE, Penta, Volvo Bus, Renault Trucks) in several countries.
We need you to become the head of the new RECEIVE entity, leading and supporting people in charge of receiving, controlling, and stocking the parts. You will secure the interface for CDC for all Inbound related activities to support the E2E performance while being the inspiring leader of First Line Managers and Material Quality Handlers.
You will be part of the CDC Management team, together with the 2 Area managers in charge of the Pick / Pack teams , the head of the new DELIVER entity and the HR manager. We don’t play solo here, regardless the name of our function, we are all here to secure and improve the E2E performance for our customers and to create a culture of empowerment.
We need a trusted and engaged leader who aims to act according to the Volvo Leadership Values, cares deeply for the well-being and the development of his/ her team members and colleagues and seeks to learn and grow everyday. If it is you, please jump in and join us for the ride!
Your ideal job?
- You secure a smooth interface for all activities related to the Inbound flow (from supplier to stock) both in- and outside CDC Ghent. You create the needed networks to engage effective cooperation on different levels (operational, tactical and strategical).
- You support the E2E thinking, your team and yourself are daily interacting with people belonging to different entities and working in different countries.
- You are the inspiring leader of First Line managers (Inbound, Administrative Reception, Return and Buy Back, Quality) and Material Quality Handlers
- You coach people so that they develop a culture of E2E performance and continuous improvement. With the right mindset, you help them to reach strong and sustainable results in all KPI’s (SPQDCE).
- You don’t’ look at isolated performance, you bring insights to the CDC to support the E2E performance.
- You see unions as a partner and build a constructive cooperation.
- You contribute to the SML Gent and Europe activities to reach the overall SML strategy, with a special focus in our digitalization journey.
Are we a perfect match?
• Natural leader, you are an energizing team player beyond the lines of a hierarchical organization
• You know how to coach people with different responsibilities to help them reach their full potential
• You are used to interact in network, with people working in different entities and countries
• Excellent listener– master in explaining and influencing people in different levels of the organization
• Target driven and customer oriented, you have a good understanding of our business E2E and you build efficient networks within and outside the organization
• You hate being reactive, so you turn problems into opportunities with a deep expertise in Root Cause Analysis to learn from deviations.
• You love being proactive, you are a frontrunner for initiatives and have an urge for improvement, you drive small and major changes
• Previous leadership experience with competence development; knowledge of Logistic set-up Inbound is a plus
• Fluent in English and in Dutch (both written and spoken)
Do you see a challenge as an opportunity? Are you passionate about people management and do you have a positive “can do”-attitude with taking initiatives?
Are you eager to work in a global environment with room for personal and professional development?
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you to work in a global and dynamic organization with highly skilled colleagues. A working environment that truly believes in customer success, trust, passion, performance and change.