At Service Market Logistics (SML), we aim to deliver excellent services to our customers, for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain, based on smart logistics solutions. We ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world.
In our region, we operate the Supply Planning teams, the Central Distribution Center (CDC) in Gent and the Support Distribution Centers across Europe, and the Service Centers. We embrace our lean journey and we have a strong focus on our agility: how to adapt smart and quick to what really matters to our customers.
Meet your team
Welcome to the CDC Gent, this is the biggest warehouse of the Volvo Group, operated by approximately 800 brilliant and engaged people, who do their outmost daily to receive and deliver spare parts in quality and on time to satisfy our customers, for all brands (Volvo Trucks, VCE, Penta, Volvo Bus, Renault Trucks) in several countries. The warehouse does not work isolated , we interact continously with our colleagues from SML Gent and Europe and SML central functions.
Do you just love to ...
So who are we looking for? We need you, our future Continuous Improvement Coach, an inspiring and energy giving partner. Go getter, you put the customer success first , care deeply for the well-being and the development of your colleagues and strive for making things happen!
Why do we need you? To help us to keep on developing our culture of continuous improvement. You will coach the teams to achieve simple , scalable improvements and more complex challenges, starting by the customer needs, looking at the E2E performance and supporting crossfunctional activities. We don’t need a theoretical professor, we need a hands-on teacher who even though uses principle, tools and methodology, knows that it is mostly about the mindset! Your own development and the development of teams and people you are supporting are high on your agenda.
We don’t play solo in SML Gent and Europe, regardless the name of our function or the team we are reporting to, we are all here to secure and improve the E2E performance for our customers and to create a culture of empowerment. If it is you, please jump in and join us for the ride!
Are we the perfect match?
• You are a coach by nature, you know how to trigger people to reflect and support them to act.
• You build your credibility by walking the talk and by being hands-on
• You are an opportunity seeker in our logistic supply chain to improve our E2E performance and dare to challenge the status-quo
• You are a people supporter who can help everyone to detect, use and develop their full potential
• If you like to work alone, we are not!
• If you like to work with a bunch of people, that is a good first step…
• You have successful experience in coaching people in office and / or industrial environment
• You have good knowledge of and practiced Lean principles and tools
• You have a great sense of accountability and you are not afraid of giving and receiving feedback
• You have a lot of energy and drive!
• You are Fluent in Dutch and English
Do you see a challenge as an opportunity? Are you passionate about company culture and people development ? Do you have a “can do”-attitude with taking initiatives?
Are you eager to work in a global environment with room for personal and professional development?
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you to work in a global and dynamic organization with highly skilled colleagues, a working environment that truly believes in customer success, trust, passion, performance and change.