Lead Diagnostic System Design Engineer – Battery Management System
Take the opportunity to join the transition into sustainable transport with the leader in sustainable transportation and change the world. This is us, your new colleagues at Electromobility
The Electromobility Department is responsible for developing electromobility solutions and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. This organization develop and drives the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within the Volvo Group. Electromobility is a growing organization in place to shape the future!
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). We are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase. We now recruiting Lead Diagnostic system Engineer at BMS Functions area of ESSWho are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player with strong collaboration/networking skills and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You also need to be open-minded, self-motivated, and meticulous with independent critical thinking in your problem-solving approach. You have experience from automotive industry, Battery Management System, software development and diagnostic systems with great attitude and willingness to learn and take more responsibility with time in practical automotive applications.What will you do:The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- You and the team will have to set requirements, propose, investigate, and agree on solutions, implement the solutions and follow up the solutions
- Develop a diagnostic system that shall determine the condition of the component in the system that is diagnosed.
- Develop requirements for the diagnostic systems and fault handling towards suppliers
In addition, we believe you have the following:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10-14 Experience from Embedded system and software development
- 6-8 years of experience from Battery Management System different functions both hardware and Software
- Experience from diagnostic system development and system fault handling
- Experience from Embedded system and software development
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Automotive experience, TargetLink, C/C++, Embedded SW/HW, C/D, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, Systems Engineering