Volvo Group Digital & IT
Volvo Group Digital & IT governs the overall Process and IT efficiency within the Group. The function drives the usage of common processes, common IT systems and IT infrastructures.Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services (IOS) is the unit in charge of all Volvo Group Digital & IT infrastructure and onsite services. As most of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.IT Quality & Security
IT Quality & Security is a function providing to every IT delivery team within The Volvo Group the capacity to operate efficiently their IT quality and security.
Our mission is functionally driving and steering IT quality and IT Security across the entire IT delivery organizations of The Volvo Group based on 4 pillars:
IT Asset Management
- Lean transformation of IT delivery teams.
- Living process organization around Service Now tool
- Fast and agile one-time delivery organization
- Agile security and vulnerability management
IT Asset Management is responsible for the management of IT assets, which includes optimizing the value and cost while mitigating the risks these assets present to The Volvo Group throughout their life. This is done by establishing an effective technology life cycle that spans from IT asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, optimization, all the way through the retirement and disposal of the asset. Responsible for the governance of this life cycle and reporting data that is captured throughout the life cycle to improve the management of IT assets within The Volvo Group.Configuration Management
Configuration Management is to ensure that accurate and reliable information about configuration of The Volvo Group services, and the configuration items that support them, is available when and where it is needed. This includes information on how configuration items are configured and the relationships between them.
We are now looking for CMDB Architect within IT Asset Management area.
Are you passionate about CMDB, integrations and ServiceNow Platform? Do you want to be part of a global and motivated team? Are you ready to take on your next challenge? If the answer is “all of the above”, you are the right person to apply to this job!
In this role you will be part of a global team and you will be in IT Service & Asset Management.
As CMDB Architect in a global context you will actively contribute to securing that CMDB is data driven and have all the information available for stakeholders . Together with the product owners you will propose and work on improvements. You will be also engaged with strategic projects to ensure CMDB can deliver required functionality within project timeframes.
You will work closely within Volvo with ITIL Process Leads, Business Process Developers, CMDB Class Owners, CMDB Design Authority, which includes Enterprise Architects and with technical specialists within external partner. You will also be responsible for knowledge sharing.Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the technical design of the ServiceNow CMDB to meet the current and anticipated scope, maintain CMDB integrity, and effectively support other ITSM processes such as Incident Mgt., Change Mgt., and Asset Mgt.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence with CMDB technical design standards
- Create and maintain CMDB architecture and technical design documentation
- Proactively identify ServiceNow technical deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Evaluate enhancement requests, provide design recommendations, and document technical requirements
- Ensure solution design and process consistency and continuity across the CMDB, IT Domains, and the processes that depend on the CMDB
- Design, implement, manage, and ensure the effectiveness of the integration of the CMDB with external sources of data (e.g.: SCCM)
- Design, implement, and manage the integration of the CMDB with other systems that receive CMDB data
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and training as needed
- Develop and maintain plans for both project and operational activities and provide project or operational briefings / updates as needed
- Perform research into technology partner/vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration and automation
- Maintain expert knowledge of our ServiceNow platform and tackle high impact design problems
- Support Configuration Managers to keep up to date the CMDB related processes and related documentation
Nice to have
- Experience in working for an IT delivery organization
- Experience in Agile implementation of ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience in Service Management
- Experience integrating the ServiceNow CMDB with external data sources (e.g.: SCCM, BMD Helix Discovery) and data consumers
- Expert understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions, including ODBC, REST, SOAP, LDAP, SSL, etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing ServiceNow’s CSDM, preferably version 3.0, and other data model designs for the CMDB
- Strong technical leadership and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the overall IT infrastructure
- Experience in collaboration with external suppliers
- Strong ability to manage in a complex and scattered environment
- Dedication to increasing quality and effectiveness
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Service, project, and results-orientation, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English
- ServiceNow Certifications
- CIS – SAM
- CIS – HAM
- CIS – Application Portfolio Management (APM) Implementer
- Certified Master Architect