Are you passionate about imagining and influencing the future through design? Do you want to be in the forefront of the transportation industry - creating new products, services, and User Experience solutions for our customers? Are you intrigued by the possibilities of automation, electromobility and UX solutions for a sustainable future excite you, and are you excited to join our exciting journey to develop advanced, premium digital products and services for our customers? Do you thrive on the prospect of leading and mentoring a creative team of passionate UX designers?
If so, Volvo Group Design North America has an exciting opportunity for a User Experience Manager to Lead the UX team in Greensboro, NC! Who We Are
Our team, Volvo Group Design creates superior customer value by designing appealing products and services with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Volvo Group Design expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Gothenburg, Greensboro and Lyon.
What You Will be Doing
- We are responsible for all Design deliveries of products and services
- We are accountable to drive and deliver innovative solutions, taking full responsibility of the products and services we design
- We utilize Volvo Group Design global network and Common Architecture and Shared Technology system to maximize the output of our products and services
- We work together and support our regional value chain with Design Strategies enhancing brand ambitions
As the Group Manager for User Experience, you will lead and develop an interaction and user experience design team to secure individual competence development and performance management to meet given design targets set by the Site Director and Design Directors. You will lead and mentor UX designers securing the UX releases are on time and with the highest quality. You will represent the UX department inside and outside of the organization. Work in close cooperation with Chief UX Designers Mack and VTNA to provide the right UX support to each project. Develop and harmonize processes and tools to best accommodate the needs of the different business areas
As a manager you will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Ensuring the team has a strong accountability to deliver UX on time with the highest quality.
- Develop and harmonize processes and tools to best accommodate the needs of both brands Mack and VTNA.
- Being an inspiring leader, having a positive attitude and having a passion for developing people as well as UX Design Strategies.
- Driving engagement by creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Supporting your employees in UX clinics and technical discussions to make the right decision making.
- Ensuring that all members of the team have adequate training/knowledge to complete their assigned tasks.
- Promoting Strong Customer Focus through building strong customer relationships and delivering UX customer-centric solutions.
- Driving Continuous Improvement activities with the objective to always enhance our way of working and deliver on time.
- Coordinating cross-functionally with counterparts in other departments to facilitate and meet project time plans.
- Delivering project activities on time and according to budget.
- Leading Cost Center budgeting and planning
- Overseeing the staff, budget, and the UX Design development within your area.
You are an experienced and inspiring leader passionate about Design.
As the successful candidate, you have 8-12+ years of design experience, specifically in user interface design with automotive applications, consumer applications, mobile devices, or telecommunications. You constantly develop, take ownership and accountability for the scope of your team. You can both master the overall status of your scope and be on top of details for specific cases when required. You have the ability to assess the facts and use your experience to take informed decisions. You always strive to deliver on time with the highest quality.
You have a strong ability to form trustful and cross-functional relations both within and outside of the department.
You are highly driven and as leader, you care for your team. You have an inclusive leadership, taking quick decisions and have the capability to bring out the best from your team! You lead with passion, always perform with purpose.
You enjoy working as team player and have eagerness to try and develop solutions and ideas through cross-functional collaboration. You have a strategic, continuous improvement mindset and a desire to positively lead and foster Design Thinking and team development.
Compensation & Benefits
- Minimum BFA/BA degree in Interaction Design, HMI, user experience design or behavioral science discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
- Managerial experience leading UX/UI teams preferred.
- Strong understanding of the UX/HMI processes in Transportation Industry.
- Experience leading customer journey, digital touch points and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate a clear vision, and successful people & culture leadership
- Excellent skills in communication and building networks
- Strong drive to constantly develop and ability to get things done
Are you ready to join our creative and passionate team and shape tomorrow's society together with us?
- Great work life balance including generous paid time off benefits
- Competitive base salary as well as eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program