Do you want to be part of a global organization leading the development of the
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.The role
We are now looking for a Director Foundation Services within Technology function. As Director of Foundation Services you will be accountable for infrastructure services in cloud and on premise, CI/CD tooling as well as messaging and observability services. To achieve this you will work very closely with all parts of the organization within Connected Solutions, but also with our main suppliers in the area such as AWS and HCL. The role requires an agile and networked based leadership style, open mindset and passion to deliver value for our customers.
The position reports to VP Technology and is a member of the Technology management team. Some of the key responsibilities include:
Who are you?
- Product Owner for Foundation Services and the interface to Product Management.
- Accountable for the delivery and priority setting of the Foundation Services backlog.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing team and innovation culture, often by leading the line managers in the area (today 3).
- Drive continuous improvements in the platform to improve customer’s business and operations, as well as delivering a cost efficient platform.
- Collaborate with functions within Connected Solutions as well as relevant teams within the Volvo Group to enable successful execution.
We believe the successful candidate has operational experience from working in a global business environment. Strong analytical skills, personal credibility, integrity and creativity are crucial personal characteristics. You are a social person with strong relationship capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations. To build trust, you need the ability to listen and learn, yet the courage to talk straight and communicate clear direction when appropriate. You have a passion for business, technology and an interest in people, leading leaders as well as people.
You have a Master’s degree or equivalent as the basis for your career. You are fluent in English. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record and references. Other requirements for the role are:
What can we offer you
- Track record of leading software engineering, agile development and delivering managed services in cloud as well as on premise.
- Great interest in the evolution of cloud based services, and always be up to date on the latest technology to be able to drive qualified make or buy decisions.
- Efficient process improvements and working with continuous improvements of organization and delivery model.
- Experience in recruitments and people management - motivate, inspire and develop individuals, leaders and teams.
- Leadership experience and proven track record of leading leaders and teams.
- Successful in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Excellent professional skills and ability to work in a fast paced, multicultural and diverse environment.
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevSecOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
We also believe in work life balance and offer a hybrid solution for your work. When not working from home, a café or other preferred location, you will be working at our attractive offices in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg.Want to know more? Contact us!
Maria Hansen , VP Technology, +46 739 026731
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.