Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
If analytics and data engineering is your area of expertise and you like the challenge of working with a great team, come join our work on various advanced technologies in the automotive domain. Together we will strengthen the Data Driven Product Development initiative within Group Trucks Technology (GTT)!
At Digital Engineering, we are here to help the Technology streams with Data engineering and analytics through understanding the challenges each of the streams are having and exploring the possibilities of using data engineering and analytics capability to help the team in designing more robust and Quality products with Data Driven Development.
You will report to the Group Manager for GTT Americas, Digital Engineering in Volvo Group Trucks Technology, and will be based in Greensboro, NC.
Areas of responsibility include:
What We Are Looking For
- Determine the opportunities to solve the design challenges faced by various Technology streams through effective data analytics
- Provide the required solutions to the design engineers from the Technology streams
- University degree in either Engineering, Business, IT, or other relevant university background or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Overall 10 years of experience in working in data and analytics projects
- At least 2 years of experience in leading and architecting data and analytics solutions
- Technically minded and should have hands-on experience in Python and SQL
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in working with distributed computing technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experience in working with direct customers
- Experienced in leading technical teams, as well as experience in at least 1 NOSQL database technology is helpful, but not required
As a person, you are driven, innovative and you have a strong customer focus and a service-minded attitude. You are curious and have a natural tendency to question how things are done. You have a great interest in IT tools and how they can be utilized to bring business value in the best possible way. You enjoy teamwork, contribute with team spirit and you like taking responsibility, act with integrity and with a result-oriented mind set.Compensation/Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!