Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As an Engineering Intern
for Powertrain Installation, you will work side by side with expert Design Engineers and contributing to future projects as well as improvements for trucks currently in production that will provide a balance for both computer and hands on experience. We strive to give you goals that can be finish during your term to get the satisfaction of completing goals, contributing to your growth, and Volvo’s continued success. The main goal for each co-op is for them to better realize if this is something they would like to do after graduation, as well as for Volvo to identify future engineers that would be a great fit for Volvo.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Create, design, and verify components and sub-systems related to Powertrain Cooling and Air Intake systems. Key areas include Radiators, Fans, Coolant Hoses, Charge Air Cooling, Air Intake and Filter, and Mounting Brackets
- Lead and perform testing as needed to verify designs
- Work with Design and Simulations Engineer to support others as part of the team
- Summarize and present your results
- Problem solve and determine best methods to validate designs
- Document best practices and create know-how manuals
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager of Powertrain Installation.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.