*Open to December 2022 and May 2023 Graduates*
Do you love commercial trucks and all things transportation? Does the thought of creating new product features for autonomous and electric battery vehicles excite you? Would you thrive in an environment working with some of the best engineers in the business to develop new, advanced and sustainable solutions for Volvo & Mack trucks? Are you ready to apply your classroom skill set in a real world application?
If so, Volvo Group Trucks Technology is seeking skilled engineers to join our teams at our Greensboro, NC and Hagerstown, MD locations!Who We Are
Group Trucks Technology (GTT) North America is comprised of several vital functions we refer to as Vehicle Engineer, Complete Vehicle, Powertrain Engineering and the Project & Product Strategy Office. In GTT we maximize the output from the Volvo Group R&D investment. We do this by balancing common and brand unique solutions and by mastering both well-known and new technologies. Empowerment, accountability and simplicity are key principles guiding us in our daily work. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
For us in GTT, technology means the aspiration to move forward, constantly improve and do better through hard work. It means innovative thinking and revolutionary problem-solving through inspiring teamwork to come up with solutions that support the business of the Volvo Group customers, and that increase safety and reduce the environmental impact.
Our employees are multi-brand, multi-cultural and work in global teams on projects across the globe in Sweden, France, USA, India, Brazil and Australia.Who You Are
You are a motivated and passionate Engineer who is excited to work in the transportation industry with various systems involved in the research, design and manufacturing of class 8 heavy duty trucks. You thrive when working in cross-functional teams supporting engineering solutions. Developing sustainable solutions for the future of the transportation industry excites you!
Compensation & Benefits
- Must be graduated and/or scheduled to graduate with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, or a related program, no later than May 2023.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher upon graduation.
- Participation in SAE Collegiate Design Series events such as Baja, Formula, Formula Electric, etc., preferred
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier