Senior Battery Cell Simulation Engineer
BangalorePosition DescriptionEnergy Storage System department within Electromobility, Bangalore is now recruiting Senior Battery Cell Simulation Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a company who is a key player within environmentally friendly transportation solutions? Take the opportunity to join Energy Storage Systems and Cell Technology in the exciting journey of this area which is changing rapidly. We are developing and creating future energy storage systems in our electric vehicles for our customers.
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology where customer satisfaction is one of the vital performance measurements!Who are we?
The Electromobility Department is responsible for developing electromobility solutions and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. This organization develop and drives the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within the Volvo Group. Electromobility is a growing organization in place to shape the future!
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
The battery Cell Technology team is one of the hardware groups within the ESS department and in the centre of attention when it comes to development of new energy storage systems. We have the full responsibility of the battery cell in the system. It is a global responsibility and it’s carried out in close cooperation with the global teams around the world within Volvo as well with our suppliers. Included in the team’s responsibility is also the testing and verification of the cell components to secure its high performance and long-life durability. Our working environment is highly creative with new technologies and inventions with a large network of suppliers and other external actors.What will you do?
We are looking for Senior Battery Cell Simulation Engineers who will help to reinforce our energy storage system development. You will be part of a highly competent global team of development engineers to take on advanced tasks in an efficient way. As Cell engineer you will be in the centre of attention and working very closely with our Global experts when designing and developing battery systems for electric vehicles. Your main task is to propose and develop technical solutions to future systems in close cooperation with our System Engineers and Chief Engineers. This requires a PhD in combination with excellent collaboration skills, strong player mind-set and a pragmatic approach to find balanced solutions from a QDCF perspective. Daily interactions with both a global supplier base and internal cross-functional teams is a part of the job. As Senior Battery Cell Simulation Engineer and being in the centre of attention, creating a collaborative but challenging atmosphere is a key success factor. You will also need to be able to break down a project delivery according to Volvo processes and industry standards, knowing what needs to be done and guide other colleagues.Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with global cross-functional teams and experts within ESS
- Development of new ESS solutions and technologies for automotive application
- Finding the best compromise between all requirements e.g., performance, cost, packaging, weight etc.
- Participate and support in product maintenance activities globally
- Contact with external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers, universities etc.)
- Follow up and guide the development work made by the suppliers.
- Plan, coordinate & perform releases of technical requirements & documentation according to Volvo standards.
- Play an active role in helping build the Cell Technology competency within the ESS, Electromobility Team in Bangalore
Education and experience requirements
- Deep fundamental knowledge in analysis and design of battery components for electric vehicle applications.
- Excellent understanding of cell characteristics and electrochemistry and its consequence on complete battery systems.
- Deep knowledge in working with experimental testing in cell and/or battery lab and data analysis.
- Good experience related to Battery Safety.
- Good knowledge in regulative aspects in relation to battery systems for electric vehicles
- Holistic view
- Ability to negotiate and decide
- Excellent collaboration skills with a strong player mind-set
Doesn’t joining us on our electrified journey sound like an amazing opportunity?
- M.Sc. or preferably PhD Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 8+ years’ work experience in research & product development environment for battery cells.
- Several years of experience in battery technologies/systems within the application of electric vehicles
We would like to hear from you and are looking forward to receiving your application and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or want to know more about the role.Further information, please contact:
Puspak Guha, Manager - Mech & Thermal, ESS, Electromobility, Bangalore