Are you a motivated Engineer with a passion for solving complex electrical engineering problems? Do you work best in a diverse, inclusive environment where collaboration is the key to success? Does being a part of creating and delivering a new product lineup excite you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Mack Trucks is seeking a Lead Product Electrical Engineer to join our team in Salem, VA.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Mack Trucks has recently established its Roanoke Valley Operations (RVO) manufacturing facility for the production of the newly launched Mack Medium Duty (MD) Series
. This 280,000 square feet facility is dedicated to the assembly of Mack medium-duty vehicles, adding to an already robust product lineup to reach new customers and applications. Serial production of the Mack MD Series began in July 2020.
As we aim to learn from the successes of this commercial venture and harmonize engineering opportunities, the development of the Mack MD was recently joined with our Vehicle Engineering Team within Group Trucks Technology.
Vehicle Engineering secures our customers’ success by leading and developing of the Volvo Trucks North America and MACK vehicles. As product owners we develop the most attractive and profitable Heavy & Medium duty truck solutions in the industry. We work as one development team: supporting each other to secure delivery according to decided product plan, and we proactively recommend new technologies for future customer needs.What You Will be Doing
As the Lead Product Electrical Engineer, you will provide professional expertise as the leading engineering authority within your assigned area. You will also be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Conducting risk management, developing, technical commitment, coordinating and performing complex electrical/electronic engineering tasks by completing the design, installation, and documentation of vehicle electrical systems and components within budget and timeline
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams and work with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
- Responding to and Creating Technical Requirements on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Serving as a specialist within a complicated area of assignment requiring limited direction and supervision with significant interaction within the department.
- Applying electrical architecture/engineering principles and practices to projects of varying complexity in specialty areas from concept planning to completion.
- Assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations (FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA, etc.) relating to his/her area of responsibility.
- Assisting in facilitating systems and process improvements.
- Serving as a mentor and leader to other engineers on the team
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology.
- 8-12+ years of related experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- High level of knowledge of class 8, 7, or 6 heavy/medium duty truck electrical/electronic design principles and assembly manufacturing processes, is preferred.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here