Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport and its finance solutions for the future. If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams in a global context, then we could be a perfect match.
The Global Headquarters for Volvo Financial Services seeks a Digital Payments Business Development Manager to support Volvo Group’s 2030 ambitions for service revenue and optimize the digital customer experience.What you will do
As a Digital Payments Business Development Manager, you will play a key role in both strategy development and execution with emphasis on expansion throughout the Volvo Market footprint. You will be responsible for being the supplier of choice to provide our services to all Volvo Group business areas and customers in a future highly digital & regulated market environment, enabling the ambition for One Customer Account and increased sales of Volvo Group goods and services through a branded customer experience.
Your starting point will be to, together with your colleagues at VFS and in the broad cross-functional network at the Volvo Group, take responsibility in the following areas:DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Your future team
- Partner with Volvo Business Areas to analyze, evaluate and develop market strategies to support Digital Payments growth.
- Drive new market entries from initial conceptualization to business case to commercialization including market implementation.
- Evaluate operational capabilities in new and existing markets and assess and strengthen risk, credit, and operational capabilities.
- Foster the development and operationalization of business partnerships to further expand the Digital Payments product offer.
- Provide market and business intelligence analysis.
- Continually identify and analyze regional market trends as they relate to Digital Payment product and service opportunities.
- Drive regional efficiencies by assessing operational needs and identifying opportunities to leverage Volvo Group systems and processes.
You will report directly to the Director, Parts & Service Financing and work globally, supporting multiple markets. In VFS, we demonstrate a clear vision to continue Transforming Together, a global mindset, and a proven track record of successfully developing people, teams, culture, and leadership.
In many of our markets, VFS has won the Great Place To Work award, where Great Work is done. By interacting with each other as an on-site business, we build relationships, which allow us to work together more efficiently and form stronger bonds with our colleagues and customers. This position will be located in Gothenburg, Sweden.Who are you?
Do you dream big? We do, too, and we are excited to grow together. In this role, we believe the right mindset will make a difference at VFS. If you, besides your genuine interest in working with people in Transforming Together, also have a positive, service-oriented, and collaborative mindset, and take a proactive approach to handling all responsibilities, idea generation, and recommendations for productivity and efficiency – then we would welcome you to apply for this role.Qualifications likely required to be successful in this role include
:EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent required
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience
- Transportation industry experience a plus
- Relevant experience in the Digital Payments Market
- Proven leadership capability
- Fluent in English, other language skills preferred
What’s in it for you?
- BUSINESS ACUMEN
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and future possible policies, practices, trends, and information affecting capital equipment and captive finance in the global marketplace. Knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace, and the role of systems and processes to execute on stated strategies.
- POLITICAL SAVVY
- Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality; is a maze-bright person.
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- STRATEGIC AGILITY
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Likes to win, hates to lose.
We offer a solid and competitive compensation package and benefits, plus you will enjoy a diverse working environment with a culture of care and inclusion. As an investment, we support your personal development and growth to achieve your career aspirations. Volvo Financial Services is an on-site business, and we understand that you might need occasional or temporary flexibility, which your leader is equipped to manage and fits well with our culture, as being together enables us to build upon our innovative and collaborative culture, as well as develop you for continued success.Ready for the next move?
If you want to make a real impact in your career, Volvo Financial Services is where you want to be. We look forward to meeting you.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.