Mack Trucks, Inc. offers excellent salaries and comprehensive benefits, as well as a team-spirited work environment. Mack is a member of the Volvo Group.
We are looking for a qualified Labor Manager to oversee all Labor Relation issues and ensure they’re aligned with our business goals. Our ideal candidates should have solid experience with Labor Relations policies and employee management. You will work closely with our senior managers to express new ideas and suggest solutions, considering budget limitations and our company culture. Ultimately, you should be able to act as a consultant around all and organizational changes. This position provides Labor Relations support, counsel and guidance to Executive Management, Business Unit Management, Supervision, and the Workforce at Mack Trucks plant in Macungie PA with respect to the collective bargaining agreements and employee and UAW relations.
This position is also responsible to develop a Labor strategy that supports the Operational objectives of the plant, improves labor costs, and promotes a joint effective working relationship with the UAW.
- Advise, counsel and coach management and supervision on workforce-related issues, particularly: Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)interpretation/administration, discipline, policy and regulatory adherence, and Bargaining Unit compensation and benefit administration
- Ensuring consistent administration and interpretation of Plant Rules and Policies
- Managing coordination of Manpower changes
- Coaching and consulting on Performance Management throughout the organization.
- Providing consultation and support regarding employee relations, staffing/talent selection and training Developing and implementing process improvements related to Human Resources
- Maintaining and applying current knowledge of employment law.
- Working closely with UAW representation to maintain a strong and effective relationship
- Develop a comprehensive labor strategy to support the operational objectives of the plant. Manage CBA/UAW issues, including manpower placement, grievance investigations, progressive discipline, etc.
- Support contract negotiations by identifying issues, developing proposals, and building a business case to support the company’s position
- Supervise a team and manage their career development
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Related Discipline
- Master in related field preferred
- Experience as a key participant in contract negotiations with unions
- Experience in HR generalist leadership in a unionized, manufacturing environment
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) Years’ Experience in Human Resources with educational requirement
- Fifteen (15) Years’ Experience in Human Resources without educational requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Hiring and Staffing: Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staff
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
Able to sit, stand and walk around the plant for long periods at a time.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.