Senior Developer – Windchill PDMLink
You will be part of an engaged and kind team in an international and multicultural environment and within a department developing our future IT solutions in the Virtual products lifecycle management area.
Are you interested in digitalization, the latest technology and an organization that cares about its employees? Do you want to work with a bunch of incredibly driven, passionate, and skilled people? Great! Volvo Group is now searching for an experienced Developer within the Virtual Lifecycle Management and PLM domain.
Virtual Lifecycle Management solutions covers CAD, Virtual Product lifecycle management (PLM), Augmented and Virtual reality applications. The solutions are a key enabler to achieve engineering efficiency, virtual trust, and the digital twin capabilities across the Volvo Group.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo is driving several exciting transformation projects and initiatives to digitalize our business processes, leverage the value of data, and become a fully data-driven company. We are Virtual Lifecycle Management Solution Centre working to increase efficiency through our current set of digital and IT solutions.
Our existing IT solutions comprises of a mix of varied technologies like Microsoft, Java, and Commercial Off the shelf (COTS) IT solutions and SaaS solutions from CAD and PLM vendors. We find ourselves on the cusp of a transformation with heavy investments to transform and modernize our overall IT architecture.
We are supporting the Volvo Group’s Digital ambitions to become a fully agile, data-driven company, and we are building the foundations for the virtual trust, supported by improved use of digital twins, i.e the digital data representing a physical object as well as an improved digital thread, the integrated view of physical products’ digital data through its lifecycle.
Role mission & context
You as a Windchill Developer will be part of an experienced team of Architects, Developer, Business analysts and solution leaders.
We have started a PLM journey, shaping Volvo’s new way of working within the PLM/VM area. We are facing a very challenging and exciting period as we are about to create the future IT environment in the PLM landscape, where you will be part of it.
Responsibilities as the Windchill Senior Developer
• Development and Maintenance of PTC Windchill PDMLink/MPMLink customization, configuration & integration as per the agreed framework and Volvo WoW
• Adhere to the coding standards, DevOps methodology & agile WoW in the delivery.
• Plan program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations.
• Involve in backlog preparation by confirming objective and requirements with Business.
• Accomplish the delivery /drive if required as per the agreed time plan.
• Support the team in addressing/removing the impediments in the delivery.
• Involve in both maintenance and new development projects
• Mentor the Junior Developers in the WoW and technologies within the software development area.
• Share experience and knowledge regarding customizations and configurations.
• Supporting department and organization mission as needed.
• Support the Development team with identifying and performing cost reduction and optimization activities
• Very skilled in PTC Windchill PDMLink & MPMLink customization & configuration
• In depth knowledge and good experience in JAVA, J2EE, JSP, Java Script, XML
• Experience in handling light weight data, publication process & workflow management
• Experience in Context management & BOM Handling
• Knowledge of PDM Link – CREO/V5 interoperability
• Basic knowledge of UML, Unix – administration, Database(SQL) programming
• Experience of Oracle, GIT, Jira tools and working in Agile setup
• Experience in working with Restful and MQ integration services
• Good knowledge in CAD and PLM platforms, tools (Preferably PTC and Dassault products)
• Working in SDLC methodology and experience in agile WoW, DevOps methodology, handling technical documentations (Requirements, functional, use cases).
• Have a strong business focus and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the business
• Ability to translate and balance functional and non-functional business requirements into sustainable and cost efficient solution design
• Ability to combine cross solution holistic perspective with solution specific details
• You are comfortable in working with various stakeholders, navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment and delivering results as a team,
• University Degree in Engineering or similar IT graduation
• You have good communication & presentation skills
We can offer you
• An attractive working environment where you will get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in a global environment
• An opportunity to work with the core PLM applications and process.
• To work with exciting techniques and development practices in a complex technical environment
• To grow your competence both within IT as well as the automotive domain
• You will be part of shaping the new way of delivering value in an agile approach.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.