2nd shift Hours of Operation: M-F 2:15pm - 10:45pm
However, training will be completed for the first 4 weeks during the 1st shift hours starting at 6:00am-2:30pm.
All employees are responsible for the quality of their work and customer satisfaction, and are expected to engage in active continuous improvement. Knowledge and understanding of workplace 5S and problem solving is required to prevent and correct situations that could reduce quality and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnosis of engine failure
- Prepare order for replacement parts needed to rebuild engine
- Knowledgeable to assemble engine to specifications
- Must maintain organized, clean, and safe work area
- Inspect equipment to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Cooperation in the workplace – requires working with others on the job and displaying a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to work overtime on an as needed basis
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational certificate or equivalent experience
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Understanding of engine function
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, and willing to learn and share knowledge with others
- Punctual, self-motivated, independent, and strong team player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Capable of solving product technical problems
- Mathematical skills and measuring with micrometers and dial indicators
- Basic use of hand tools and torque equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Required to stand, walk and use hands to handle tools/controls
- Required to sit, climb, balance and crouch
- Required to be able to lift 70lbs
- Safety glasses required while grinding, steaming, using blow nozzles or around others performing similar tasks.
- Safety glasses in cleaning building, and machine shop at all times
- Safety shoes required at all times
- Special attention to noise levels, hearing protection required in specific areas or operations
- High level of alertness at all times
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.