Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
We at Volvo Group are continuously on the lookout for strong talent as we continue to grow and develop as an organization. You are the building blocks of what makes our company successful in today’s marketplace! Because of this we are currently searching for Senior Buyers to join our team bench for new and upcoming positions coming available throughout the balance of this year!
The Senior Buyer is accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers within their particular commodity segment. You will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross-functional network during production and post production phases. This person can be based out of Greensboro, NC or Hagerstown, MD.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Drive negotiations and executive agreements with suppliers
- Contribute to segment business plan & be a leading member in the global network of buyer
- Collaborate with other members of the global supply chain to successfully develop and execute global supply chain and technology strategies
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management targets (QDCFTSR)
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with the Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production and post-production phases
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics, and financial flows to the suppliers
- 8+ years of strategic purchasing experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well-developed business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field is an advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.