At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
The team at VGA have an opening for a automotive Trades Assistant to join their forward thinking workshop team at our dealership located in Newcastle. As a key member of the team, you will work in a large workshop assisting our heavy vehicle technicians while operating in a safe working environment. Key to the success of this rewarding new opportunity will be your attention to detail, ability to follow instructions and hold a flexible approach to work commitments. You will have the opportunity be part of a collaborative team at Volvo Commercial Vehicles Newcastle and work with an impressive range of Volvo, Mack and UD Trucks and Volvo Buses. Our workshop is dedicated to upholding Volvo Group's commitments to quality, safety and environment.
With Volvo Group Australia you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win!
About the role:
- Assist a team of trade qualified technicians with basic mechanical duties
- Operate hand tools and machinery safely under company guidelines in a workshop environment
- Ensure workplace cleanliness and presentation is maintained to a high level
- Previous work experience in an automotive workshop / dealership highly regarded
- Ability to safely operate hand tools and machinery
- A mechanical aptitude and an ability to understand and follow written instructions and procedures
- Passionate about consistently delivering exceptional customer service
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude, self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent listener, flexible team player with a commitment to producing quality work
- Permanent, 38 hour working week, fortnightly paid wages
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talent
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.