Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Are you interested in new technologies such as e-mobility, automation, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of our future Mack and Volvo Trucks excite you?
If so, then this position may be the right one for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Vehicle Engineering at Volvo Group North America is responsible for developing and implementing platform/design solutions for the Volvo and Mack Trucks. The Systems Engineering group develops design concepts for various electrical systems by networking with local and global stakeholders. We are a dynamic group and we believe teamwork and collaboration are the foundation for great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore, we work in an agile SAFe inspired manner. Every team will plan their own work and deliver solutions together as a team.
What You Will be Doing
The Systems Engineering team is in the heart of the electromobility and digital transformation within automotive industry. We develop new systems, architectures, and concepts with focus on electrical and electronics systems.
We are currently looking for a passionate Senior Systems Design Engineer to join the team that develops the electrical and electronic systems for our conventional & electric vehicles. As a Senior Systems design engineer, you will contribute to all stages of product development, from early phase pre-studies to system definition, design, architecture, and functions development.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading system development activities in complex product development projects
- Reviewing design solutions and securing input / approvals from the relevant internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory forums.
- Coordinating the development of cross functional specifications and communicate with stakeholders and developers.
- Proposing system design concepts, electrical schematics and diagrams for vehicle functions related to area of responsibility.
- Working on many electrical systems, such as cab / chassis system design, power management, electric system power management, distribution and charging, air pressure management, system safety, cyber security, autonomous driving, etc.
- Supporting diagnostics and analysis to troubleshoot and analyze vehicle networks.
- Utilizing tools to perform complex, on vehicle measurements and analysis to collect data necessary for development of new systems and provide input to analyze vehicle functions to determine the best course of action required to resolving actual or potential problems.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from various technology teams, component owners, internal and external solution providers, and product owners to identify design concepts that will best meet our customer’s needs.
Who Are You
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You love to understanding how things work and dedicate yourself to proposing the best system solutions to fulfill customer needs. You are open-minded and thrive in a dynamic environment. You are also on the constant lookout to find ways to improve yourself and the product you are working on.
Requested skills and experience:
- MSEE/MSME and at least 8-12 years of experience
- Commercial vehicle or automotive product development, or similar industry experience (e.g. consumer, telecom, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge about Electronic Hardware / Software & Supporting Infrastructure Architecture Design & Overall Development
- Knowledge of different automotive or related industry communication protocols, standards & tools
- Knowledge of tools related to software development, diagnostics & production / aftermarket systems
- Experienced in working in an environment of global / local organization with cross functional interaction
- Well-versed in Agile way of working & SAFe as well as good understanding of project operations
- Knowledge in Quality Management (QMS), SFMEA, Product Quality Assurance and Quality tools
- Commercial vehicle or Automotive experience, Embedded Systems, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, AUTOSAR, Systems Engineering (preferred)
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Do you want to join us on our electrified journey?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.