Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.
This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer within Operational Data Lake Data Management Function. Here you will be an integral part of the team focused on managing and delivering data centric services to VGCS and other stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining the team's Data Lake services.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS.
- Create and manage environments for advanced analytics/machine/deep learning and AI.
- Leverages best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Pre-process, clean and structures data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities.
- Learns and uses modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques.
- Perform intelligent sampling and caching.
- Recommend and implement automation in existing and future integration flows.
- Help improving data quality by driving advancements in data acquisition, testing and tooling.
- Ensuring a solid operation and maintenance of our platform.
- Automation of system installation and configuration.
- Contributing to Roadmap and other improvements.
- Providing Runtime support for services.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Data Engineer role
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in data analysis and data presentations.
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experienced in AWS lake formation, AWS Glue, AWS Step Function and other AWS analytical Services
- Experience in Python Programming language
- Experience in PySpark
- Microservice architecture.
- 24/7 Service delivery environment.
- Experience from the Connected Vehicle Industry is a plus.
What can we offer you?
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Our main hub and headquarter is in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact Maria Hansen, Director Foundation Services , +46 739 02 67 31
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.