Application Support / Business Analyst – CAD / PDMLinkIndia
You will be part of an engaged and kind team in an international and multicultural environment and within a department developing our future IT solutions in the Virtual products lifecycle management area.
Are you interested in digitalization, the latest technology and an organization that cares about its employees? Do you want to work with a bunch of incredibly driven, passionate, and skilled people? Great! Volvo Group is now searching for an experienced Developer within the Virtual Lifecycle Management and PLM domain.
Virtual Lifecycle Management solutions covers CAD, Virtual Product lifecycle management (PLM), Augmented and Virtual reality applications. The solutions are a key enabler to achieve engineering efficiency, virtual trust, and the digital twin capabilities across the Volvo Group.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo is driving several exciting transformation projects and initiatives to digitalize our business processes, leverage the value of data, and become a fully data-driven company. We are Virtual Lifecycle Management Solution Centre working to increase efficiency through our current set of digital and IT solutions.
Our existing IT solutions comprises of a mix of varied technologies like Microsoft, Java, and Commercial Off the shelf (COTS) IT solutions and SaaS solutions from CAD and PLM vendors. We find ourselves on the cusp of a transformation with heavy investments to transform and modernize our overall IT architecture.
We are supporting the Volvo Group’s Digital ambitions to become a fully agile, data-driven company, and we are building the foundations for the virtual trust, supported by improved use of digital twins, i.e the digital data representing a physical object as well as an improved digital thread, the integrated view of physical products’ digital data through its lifecycle.
Role mission & context
You as an Application Support / Business Analyst will be part of an experienced team of Architect, Developers, Scrum masters and solution leaders.
We have started a CAD journey, shaping Volvo’s new way of working within the CAD/PLM area. We are facing a very challenging and exciting period as we are about to create the future IT environment in the CAD landscape, where you will be part of it.
Responsibilities as the CAD Application Support / Business Analyst
- Interact and gather requirements from Project Stakeholders, Cross-functional teams, D&IT business stakeholders, other Business analysts etc.,
- Document the requirements in standard tools as per agreed framework and Volvo WoW.
- Translate business scenarios into IT requirements and assist developers in their implementation.
- Experience and knowledge in PLM associated applications and integrations - Windchill / Creo / Creoview / MPMLink & Catia
- Support specialist (with automotive experience) to support the Solution Leader in proposing, prioritization of changes, and propose release plan for the solution
- Responsible to manage direct interaction with business stakeholders regarding solution requirements
- Main point of contact for test management and roll out needs in material management
- Review and develop methods and guidelines for end users to be more efficient
- Responsible for Quality assurance of the processes [As part of automation process, to be responsible for analysis and implementation of automated solutions (i.e., analyzing; development of workflows, flowcharts and sequencing of automation; and building, testing, and implementing solutions)]
- Test new functionality and during upgrades
- Drive continuous improvements of the deliveries
- Manage end user training
- Very skilled in PTC Creo, DS CATIA and Windchill PDMLink
- Skilled in Volvo way of using CAD applications and their processes, methods etc.,.
- Experience in Requirment management and Project tracking tools
- Knowledge of PDM Link – CREO/V5 in he Design & Development Area
- Experience with working in Agile setup and deliver projects in increments.
- Good knowledge in CAD and PLM platforms, tools (Preferably PTC and Dassault products)
- Have a strong business focus and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the business
- Ability to translate and balance functional and business requirements into IT technical tasks.
- Ability to combine cross solution holistic perspective with solution specific details
- You are comfortable in working with various stakeholders, navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment and delivering results as a team,
- University Degree in Engineering or similar IT graduation
- You have good communication & presentation skills
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment where you will get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in a global environment
- An opportunity to work with the core Virtual Lifecycle Management and process.
- To work with exciting techniques and development practices in a complex technical environment
- To grow your competence both within IT as well as the automotive domain
- You will be part of shaping the new way of delivering value in an agile approach.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.