Your main responsibility will be to perform the assembly of various components for our low-floor buses. As an assembler, you could be called upon to work in several different departments of our production line. You must be proficient in accessing, understanding and utilizing all relevant production tools, documentation, and programs (including computer programs) used by Nova Bus. Work may or may not be repetitive and may require versatility on your part.
- Regular and consistent attendance including scheduled overtime during off-shift and weekends
- Perform duties as assigned for assembly of buses within or outside the normal workstation.
- Demonstrate your ability and knowledge to correct any defects found during course of normal operations
- Maintain all productivity requirements of work team and facility; meet takt time goals
- Participate in team meetings (i.e. morning mtgs., OD, 5S, etc.)
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic assembly processes
- Good level of manual dexterity
- Ability to use hand or power tools to perform any assembly-type function
- Able to read detailed plans
- Good problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality work
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Able to work in a team based environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must be willing and able to be scheduled and work overtime during off-shift and weekends.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.