The purpose of this job is to act as a coordinator between Volvo Trucks North America, NRV plant, and the Suppliers to expedite the delivery of quality material in a timely and organized manner.
- Reviews material shortages for daily sequence using the shortage analysis, Hot List, other related reports and then coordinates with vendors to adjust vendor production and delivery schedules as necessary.
- Maintains close contact with the scheduling department to determine changes in material requirements.
- Coordinates with vendors to determine the need for strike protection, forecasts through the E.O.Q System the amount of material needed, and authorizes the material to be shipped.
- Communicates with Material Handling Production personnel and offsite sequencing facilities to determine and correct material and inventory problems.
- Audits inventory and cycle count adjustment reports to determine the appropriateness of the corrections and to be cognizant of the changes.
- Communicates with Engineering concerning Engineering alterations and deviations. Also work with Engineering on part substitution or reworks when required material is not available.
- Provides information to I.T. regarding computer problems so they can be investigated and corrected.
- Communicates with Volvo Logistics to determine arrival times for shipments and to resolve shipping and receiving problems. If applicable, help coordinate the delivery of line set and line fed material through Volvo Transport, vendor and offsite sequencing facility.
- Provides information on a daily basis to the Material Planning Supervisor concerning any and all parts where inventory or other problems exist.
- Reviews excess material to determine possible dispositions through substitution, rework, return to vendor or sell to Volvo Aftermarket.
- Audits receipts on a daily basis to prevent over/early shipments from vendors and makes appropriate disposition when they occur.
- Coordinates with Material Change Control the phase-in of new parts and phase-out of material to ensure proper disposition is achieved.
- Reviews WIP and Excess inventory on each desk’s assignment to eliminate the creation of excess inventory and meet target day’s supply of inventory. Incorporate A through E inventory part classification logic to achieve inventory turns.
- Works with the vendors and is the primary vendor contact when quality problems arise with material from sample inspection through the life of a part. Promote the vendor Certification Program in all supplier meetings emphasizing the importance of achieving certification.
- Authorize Premium Transportation for material when needed. Maintain the Premium Transportation Authorization (PTA) web site with all applicable information for Management analysis.
- Request the purchase of material through 3P Purchasing. Achieve by sending requisitions through the global TGSO system with all applicable information.
- Co-ordinate with the Logistics Department line sequencing of material at off-site facilities. Work to ensure the integrity in reporting systems sent to off-site facilities
- (sequence report, offsets, etc.)
- Coordinate with receiving that all customer-furnished options are at the appropriate location based on installation.
- Performs other related Material Planner/Expeditor duties as determined by the Materials Supervision or Materials Manager.
A. Four (4) year degree or 5 years related experience.
B. Ability to convey information through oral and written communication.
Proficient in computer literacy such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Analytical and conceptual thinking skills including utilizing a well ordered approach to solving problems.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.