Department: Finance with dotted line to Credit & Risk
Direct reports: None
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Risk & Data Analyst is responsible for the deliverables within the Data Strategy of market Nordics, with focus but not limited to Credit and Risk analytics. He/She secures that activities are carried out in a manner that is scalable to other regional markets.
- Acts as super-user of BI and visualization tools in the Nordics
- Carries out all the activities assigned to the Data Steward role locally including securing data quality of the data lake and driving improvements as needed
- Works with IT to ensure critical data elements are incorporated into data warehousing technology.
- Improves ways of working by automating reporting and simpler analysis using the data lake and visualization tools
- Supports extended usage of the Automatic Credit Engine
- Improves portfolio analytics and trending
- Manages and monitors scorecards and grading models
- Drives adoption of risk forecasting tools such as roll-rates, transition matrices and other
- Act as a strategic partner/consultant, responding to and communicating thoroughly and efficiently to both internal and external customer requests.
- Participate in business intelligence initiatives in the markets, regions, and Global HQ.
EDUCATION & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration, or related field is required.
- Up to 5 years of experience in one of the following areas: financial modeling and planning, credit & Risk, business analysis, data analytics, and/or a similar data-driven role.
- Experience with innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities – especially in the fields of finance, statistics, and/or mathematical modeling.
- Experience in analyzing and predicting behavior of credit portfolios is preferable.
- Experience with business intelligence applications such as Hyperion, Power BI, QlikView and/or Tableau is required; Previous experience or knowledge of SAS, SQL, R, Python or similar programming language is also a plus. A desire and aptitude to further deep knowledge of these applications is required.
- Previous experience of working with large quantities in a data warehouse environment and visualizing it to a non-technical audience.
- Previous experience in applying statistical tools and techniques such as logistic regression and decision trees in a credit risk environment.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming languages is highly meriting.
- General understanding of predictive modelling techniques.
- Querying databases using SQL.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational ability with the capacity to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with MS Office with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint.
At VFS we are actively working to establish groupings that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc. We find that well balanced working groups increases group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions.
Unionen: Stefan Nordqvist: +46 31 3227213
Akademiker: Gert Andersson: +46 31 3228072
Ledarna: Mikael Wennergren: +46 31 3221393
For more information, please contact:
Beretta Elena, Director Finance Nordics, tel:+46 73 9029741
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.