We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Software Engineering team, within the Combustion and Aftertreatment technology.
If YOU are an engineer and ARE:
Passionate about Electronics and Embedded Software solutions.
Looking to work in a cooperative work environment with skilled engineers willing to support you and see you learn and grow.
Curious and Value different perspectives.
Willing to embrace challenges to develop future transport solution and making impact on environment and society.
YOU are a GOOD candidate!
This would be a normal day in our team
Following Agile principles, team deliverables will be regularly defined and understood.
Our Configuration Managers will be generating new Software versions for Volvo and Mack Engines/Aftertreatment and preparing it to be released to customers.
Software Leaders will be developing project plans, communicating within the team, and requesting Software updates to the Software Product Owners.
Software verification rigs will be updated by the Remote Software Download team and our tools developed by our experts, who also will be supporting other teams within US and other countries like Sweden, France, Brazil and India.
Verification tests will be made using our HIL Rig and Trucks following our Verification Leader planning.
Embedded Software engineers will be working on various test software’s to support our new engines and aftertreatment development to meet new emissions legislations or deliver a customer specific solution.
And Yes, we will get together for a coffee and donuts.
You will perform a variety of tasks as part of our team
We are hardworking, and members are supportive of each other. We expect you to present the following skills:
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, based on integrity and trust, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business, and professional fields
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Embedded Software development experience preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues.
- Innovative mindset with customer focus.
- Authorized to work in the United States required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.